The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Review: Beehive Soaps Crisp Alpine Stream

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
In the video I said I couldn’t remember the 4th scent. It’s Sandalwood.

I just purchased a tub of Lime Margarita. $24 shipped for 6 oz. that’s a very good deal for this soap!

https://youtu.be/8onWuEx4Lqs

Good stuff!

It is a bit weird that a soap might be called a cream? I wonder what the thought behind that is?

Looks like a solid performer though!

Good stuff!

It is a bit weird that a soap might be called a cream? I wonder what the thought behind that is?

Looks like a solid performer though!

I could be way off. But I wonder if because the lather is a cream like consistency

There is something called lather optimization...ie. water to soap ratio. This practice will get you the best performing lather with optimum slickness, plus will insure your lather does not dry out on your face. Lather optimization also allows an even judgment of true residual slickness. Proper lather testing of a soap is one of the keys to a great shave. There is a nice post on the "other" forum that I read. The person went to a lot of work for many months to make this information available.

Proper lather testing of a soap is one of the keys to a great shave.
Agree. It takes a lot of trial and error to find the optimal ratios to truely dial in a soap. I hope everyone understands that most of the reviews done by me, and just about everyone here, are just initial impressions. Lathers can always get better!

Agree. It takes a lot of trial and error to find the optimal ratios to truest dial in a soap. I hope everyone understands that most of the reviews done by me, and just about everyone here, are just initial impressions. Lathers can always get better!
I do, but others especially on regular YouTube may not. Btw you still are the speediest shaver I've ever seen. ?

I also am aware that being a face latherer, and just my own personal preferences, I don’t like to add as much water as others do (Josh....). I don’t like too much water so I err on the side of being dryer. Is that fair to all soaps? No. But I use what works for me. Some soaps are better suited to my style of lathering than others. My videos are just my opinions, and everyone finds what works best for them.

But even after 8 years of wet shaving, I’m still learning. Watching Josh’s videos has shown me that I do probably need to add a little more water than I have been. Our techniques are constantly evolving.

This video is a follow up and includes some correspondence received from Tami, the maker of Beehive Soaps. She was very responsive to my emails and addressed all my concerns.

https://youtu.be/1cTiQB21aQY

Back