The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR DECEMBER 7th 1941

Since I don’t really have the opportunity to wear my t-shirts during the week, I wore my Arizona/Pearl Harbor commemorative shirt this last weekend.

Didn’t get to do the tour during our Hawaii visit, as we got there too late, but got to run through the memorial wall and museum halls before they closed. Sobering.

Never forget!

My wife's grandfather was half way between Hawaii and Los Angeles on a troop carrier when they learned of the attack at Pearl Harbor. They turned back and the days at sea must have been terrifying. To know that an entire enemy fleet is somewhere out there and you don't know if it will appear right behind you any second.

I spent an afternoon at the Arizona Memorial.......its incredibly sobering. The stillness is broken by the fluttering of the US flag flying overhead and it brings you to the verge of tears. It truly is, hallowed ground.

Back