The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Razorock: buy plate or whole razor

What would you do?

• Buy just the base plate to go with an existing razor

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Buy a new complete razor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigHairyGobbler

Jr. Shave Member
Veteran
Razorock's base plates cost about half the price of a new razor. What would you do if you already had a Lupo razor and wanted to try a different Lupo base plate? Would you buy just the new base plate for $37.99 and use it with your other Lupo top cap and handle or would you buy a complete, new Lupo razor for $69.99 and have two razors? Thanks.

Razorock's base plates cost about half the price of a new razor. What would you do if you already had a Lupo razor and wanted to try a different Lupo base plate? Would you buy just the new base plate for $37.99 and use it with your other Lupo top cap and handle or would you buy a complete, new Lupo razor for $69.99 and have two razors? Thanks.
On other razors I have done both. Sometimes I just want another handle anyway. Sometimes I don't mind keeping an extra plate and labeling it. I forget things so I'm all about tagging and labeling shave hardware. With RazorRock you can pick the handle so maybe get a handle you don't have yet.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back