The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Question about brush knots

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Okay I got some maseto knots and I noticed the glued piece at the bottom varies in size from about 21point Something up to about 22 point something but then right above the glued part the hair seems to bulge somewhat and there it measures 22 point something up to almost 23 so would those be better for 24 mm openings ? I have a 3d printed rubberset 400 clone I was gonna put one in but with the hair bulges above the knot it makes them to big for the handle.I even have another brand knot that's supposed to be 20mm but it does the same thing. Do all knots do that? On the 3d printed handle the 20 mm will go in but it only goes down to the top of the glue where the hair starts so it has a huge loft. What am I supposed to do the opening should be big enough but the knots don't want to fit because of that spot above the glue....

Back