The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Postal Vortex

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
So has anyone else been in a postal maelstrom this season ??
I have had MANY packages that Never showed up and I don't know if anyone Ever got Any of my cards this year !!!!!!!!

Yep. It's that time of year when postal delivery can go into meltdown. The enormous volume of parcels can put a strain on the postal system. I used to do night shift letter and parcel sequencing/handling and December was a bloody nightmare. Lotsa overtime to get it all out!!

I have to say THIS year the PO has done very well for me. I usually have packages severely delayed or lost in a swirling vortex of nothingness but this year every package arrived either exactly as promissed or a day earlier. The only package that took a surprising amount of time was a package sent to Canada, it took several weeks to move through the system. I think it was becasue the weather was mostly cooperative.

Only had a couple delayed packages but everything else was pretty much normal/on time or better with projected delivery times.

I can say that of all the packages the Cadre sent for the exchange this year...

4 packages were delivered 1-2 days early
3 packages arrived on time
7 packages were delivered 1-2 days late
(based on the tracking #'s estimated delivery date at the time of drop off)

No packages got lost or left in limbo like they have in years past.

I have to say THIS year the PO has done very well for me. I usually have packages severely delayed or lost in a swirling vortex of nothingness but this year every package arrived either exactly as promissed or a day earlier. The only package that took a surprising amount of time was a package sent to Canada, it took several weeks to move through the system. I think it was becasue the weather was mostly cooperative.
:)

Back