The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Positive, Upbeat News Thread

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I know we all have a lot going on and there are real problems looming everywhere- but I wanted to start a thread where people could post unique, uplifting, and funny news stories to bring about a smile…………

…if they can make an edible cup that lasts 12hrs why can’t my paper straw last 12 seconds? Make me an edible straw that lasts as long as my drink and I’ll smile!
I haven't once had a paper straw that didn't last through the meal. You gotta eat at better places ;)

Sounds like somebody needs another mystery package....
I/we are VERY careful with our supply of mystery straws so I don't find myself without a straw when I want one. I think I still have almost half that mystery bag of neon straws left.

*on a side note. One of my clients gave me a Starbucks card so when we went to Downtown Disney a few weeks ago we went in to the Starbucks for drinks. The wife and kids got something pink with strawberries in it and I got an iced coffee. Of course they gave us paper straws. I objected and asked if they had any REAL straws for my iced coffee and the nice lady told me I was killing baby seals in Zimbabwe just thinking about plastic straws then gave me a really cool sippy-cup style lid that made it really easy to drink from the cup. ...Now I ask, why didn't they just give me a sippy cup to begin with? I was quite happy drinking my iced coffee from a cup like would drink a hot coffee (no straw of any kind needed) but when my wife finished her drink and tried to stab the strawberries with her straw so she could eat them it was HER turn to curse the paper straw revolution. I don't know if an edible straw would be able to stab a strawberry in a cup but I suppose if you could eat the straw you wouldn't care about the strawberry.

I/we are VERY careful with our supply of mystery straws so I don't find myself without a straw when I want one. I think I still have almost half that mystery bag of neon straws left.

*on a side note. One of my clients gave me a Starbucks card so when we went to Downtown Disney a few weeks ago we went in to the Starbucks for drinks. The wife and kids got something pink with strawberries in it and I got an iced coffee. Of course they gave us paper straws. I objected and asked if they had any REAL straws for my iced coffee and the nice lady told me I was killing baby seals in Zimbabwe just thinking about plastic straws then gave me a really cool sippy-cup style lid that made it really easy to drink from the cup. ...Now I ask, why didn't they just give me a sippy cup to begin with? I was quite happy drinking my iced coffee from a cup like would drink a hot coffee (no straw of any kind needed) but when my wife finished her drink and tried to stab the strawberries with her straw so she could eat them it was HER turn to curse the paper straw revolution. I don't know if an edible straw would be able to stab a strawberry in a cup but I suppose if you could eat the straw you wouldn't care about the strawberry.
You can’t spell sucks without Starbucks.

Back