The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Poll on possible pass around of the Yuma Razor

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
So Back around 2012 ( I believe ) the Yuma was a big discussion on the forums as a cheap and cheaply made razor that was fairly aggressive at the time. Sold for $2.98. It weighs about 1 ounce and has a hollow handle that gives feedback of every hair cut. It is made from a cheap pot metal. Although cheaply made if cared for it can last a long time as it was my daily driver for @3 years some time ago and I've owned it since @2012 and can be seen in my SOTD pic today. It isn't a display piece but can give a close and comfortable shave. I have a Brand New spare that I can pass around if anyone is interested in trying a piece of history that some are putting on ebay for $85 claiming it's a antique World War II German razor ?? I will do the pass around if enough interest and at the end of the pass around the person with it will mail to the winner of a random drawing of everyone that participated in the pass around. This isn't the Pif thread but just gauging interest if I should start a pass around/Pif thread for it.

It’s such a cool looking razor. I’ve always wanted to visit Yuma, AZ.

I really don't have much experience with DEs at all so in the interest of expanding my knowledge I'd give it a go.

I always wanted to try the Yuma, unfortunately I missed the $3 days and found out about it when folks were asking $50 for a WWII vintage razor. I'm not sure about visiting Yuma, AZ though.

So interest has waned on this but I have 3 takers so will get this going shortly. Others are welcome to join once it starts or by posting here to add you to the list. So far I have:
1. Spider
2. uacowboy
3. gvw755

Okay...Okay...add me to the list. I mean...it is shaving with history...right?

1. Spider
2. uacowboy
3. gvw755
4. dangerousdon

1. uacowboy
2. gvw755
3. dangerousdon
4. dmshaver
5. Spider

Back