The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Poll - Monthly Shave Themes...are you in...are you out...or do you just don't care

Are you Interested in participating in the monthly shave themes?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I have been doing the monthly shave themes for about a year and a half now. Lately I have noticed, basically a lack of interest in these threads. It has undergone some changes since Chad started it as a soap theme. Basically, I want to know how you all feel about it. Are you interested? Are you not interested? Or are you very indifferent on the issue. After you vote...comments and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. If you have some thoughts on the issue...please post them. If you have ideas on how to make it better...please let us know.

Thank you so much for taking the time in voting and responding! I look forward to your conversation.

Because I'm a 3017er for everything shave related (except brushes, those would be tough to 3017 :ROFLMAO: ) , I rarely get to play in the monthly themes. However, when it does align, I try to post.

I'd say you get some people that participate. It's just a question as to how much work is it really vs. how many people need to do it to make you feel it's worth it?

I'd say you get some people that participate. It's just a decision as to how much work is it really vs. how many people need to do it to make you feel it's worth it.

FIFY
Thanks? I guess?

Really though...it's not a question of how much work that is put into it. It's not much. Just curious in having a discussion about it.

I think the themes are a good thing, and I know some folks look forward to it. I know if gives us a chance to dig out some things that are unused that we don't think about so that's always good.

I personally don't participate much because it requires some forethought in planning my shaves, and I just don't like that. I rarely think about what I'm going to use until right before the shave. And if I'm going to follow a theme, I need to take a pic to show it. And especially during the week, I just don't have the time to set up a SOTD photo.

I've enjoyed doing them but haven't been on board as much this month as I'm reassessing my forum time. I think I remember being pretty involved when you weren't 😜 I enjoy it sometimes but sometimes I have things I'm wanting to get to that don't match it. I enjoy doing it but can't always commit. I can tell this is no help to you at all, sorry 😎

I feel bad because I enjoy reading the entries, but I don't really participate. I did a couple last month.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
... and you are going to have this, big-time. The silent majority who may not post much, but would be sad to see the topics go away as they read them.

One suggestion... Perhaps if you feel participation in lacking, broadening the viable participants while narrowing the threads could help? What I mean is... instead of a themed shave thread, where people only post to that thread IF they are using brand X or scent Y (or whatever), consolidate with the heavily used weekly SOTD posts. For example, Have a 'suggestion' in post 1, such as, this week (or all June shaves) let's try to use something flowery, etc..

I’m indifferent Don. I don’t participate except on a rare occasion or accident, not because I don’t like them or see value in the idea but because I’m a goof. I shave with what find at my fingertips, I often intend to use a particular soap or razor then switch things up because I feel different when I wake up. Themes are a great way to avoid the doldrums that we all experience so I think they are an important thing to have...but.
Now, if you’re a SOTD photo taker the theme setting is a great companion to help guide you because the (Mine) photos are often set up the evening before. When I did more photos the themed were a fantastic help, I even went out and found props to include making it a lot more fun. I just don’t have that time (or drive) right now.

I enjoy partaking, especially this month, but I always forget to mention it in my journal and 1000% more often forget to post in that thread. Which reminds me that my shave today absolutely was this month's theme.

I’m unsure how to answer the poll. I do enjoy posting themed shaves when I can, but often forget and get distracted by shiny things when I make my soft, and hardware decisions (read: Squirrel)

I’m unsure how to answer the poll. I do enjoy posting themed shaves when I can, but often forget and get distracted by shiny things when I make my soft, and hardware decisions (read: Squirrel)
Rich, I would never think of squirrel when I think of shiny things.

Back