The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pinaud Clubman Gel

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
So I am usually for the last few years been using tonic and hair spray to style my hair and have been very happy with the results. Well I ran across this and picked up a tub.

71YtNGqmdML._SL1266_.jpg

What I was real impressed with right off the bat is that it is the true clubman scent. Not that weird play-doh scent the aftershave seems to have now. It reminds of the vintage stock aftershave juice I got.

Then i used it to style my hair and I am really impressed with the hold, and light shine it adds. Can't run your fingers through it like you can after using a tonic, but so far I am really impressed? Anyone else using this stuff to style?

Have used it in the past. It’s not bad - not the worse and not the best. Dries on your scalp to an ugly green color if not thoroughly dispersed through your hair. Smells nice though!

Dries on your scalp to an ugly green color if not thoroughly dispersed through your hair.
Geez! I didn't notice that. But I will play close attention. The couple times I have used it so far I have just combed it through no issues.

Geez! I didn't notice that. But I will play close attention. The couple times I have used it so far I have just combed it through no issues.
Yea I didn’t notice it either...till I did 😂

I’m not a comb kind of guy though, I’m a less thorough fingers-through-the-hair kind.

I've been using it for the last 6-7 years. It works well for my hair type.

It reminds me of those hair gels you used to see on the store shelves back in the 80's & 90's. But with a better scent.

A tub lasts me quite a while. So I find it to be a good value.

Never tried the Clubman but might look for some.. I don't use many gels or whatnot anymore but I do occasionally use this though...
516eMsDeD2L._AC_SY780_.jpg
It's a cheaper version of gorilla snot.. Found it at a dollar store and seems to work about as well as gorilla snot does but for a few dollars cheaper.

So I am usually for the last few years been using tonic and hair spray to style my hair and have been very happy with the results. Well I ran across this and picked up a tub.

71YtNGqmdML._SL1266_.jpg

What I was real impressed with right off the bat is that it is the true clubman scent. Not that weird play-doh scent the aftershave seems to have now. It reminds of the vintage stock aftershave juice I got.

Then i used it to style my hair and I am really impressed with the hold, and light shine it adds. Can't run your fingers through it like you can after using a tonic, but so far I am really impressed? Anyone else using this stuff to style?
I love Clubman products in general..tried the hair gel and my "challenge" was to get just enough per use-not too much. Too little would be OK I guess("a little goes a long way"). I now have the tube hair gel,.

Missed this thread the first time around, or maybe didn’t pay attention because it doesn’t work to hold my Mohawk up. But when I do slick my hair back, I still use Clubman gel. It’s my favorite. I have a few tubs on hand. And I put it in a vintage glass Barbasol container for use on my counter.
Dries on your scalp to an ugly green color if not thoroughly dispersed through your hair.
Geez man! How much do you use? Even in my blond hair (before I started dying it) it never showed any green in my hair.

Geez man! How much do you use? Even in my blond hair (before I started dying it) it never showed any green in my hair.
Never used too much, just seemed to glob up on my sometimes. The green was mostly on my scalp instead of hair. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve long since stopped using it anyway.

Hairspray! L’Oréal, 24 hour, weather proof hold. It’s the only thing that worked, once once my hair got passed around 2-3” in length.
Thank you for the reply.. I didn't know if you used hair glue or something like that. I had a friend who used to use Hair glue on his liberty spikes... I dated a girl in high school who used a can and a half of hair spray on her hair EVERY day... Of course that was the 80's with all the big hair....

Back