The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

"Pacific Peril" (Parody Label) available in store now (1st batch of 21 tins)

Victory~Dale

Jr. Shave Member
Veteran
(Full Disclosure) This will be the very last three batches of soap I'm making. In addition to being a new release it is a parody labeled soap and only the second mentholated soap we have ever released. In order to make it in sufficient quantity so that everyone has at least a chance to purchase it I needed to recycle/re-use some old tins/lids and so some of them may have minor scratches/dings. Although the vast majority of tins/lids are in excellent shape buyers should anticipate that they "MAY" receive a tin and/or lid with minor dings/scratches and should be aware the price already reflects the discount i.e. sold as is.

Precautions/Instructions: This soap is NOT RECOMMENDED for those with sensitive skin or for anyone who may have had or suspect they may have had a previous reaction with mentholated products. Soaps that contain high levels of menthol are very water sensitive and can easily turn into useless mush if precautions/instructions are not followed. NEVER bloom this soap in the tin i.e. covering the soap with a little water prior to shaving. ENSURE that the soap is thoroughly dry before attempting to put the tin lid back on and store.
Okay with all of that out of the way: Sometimes you just want to do something for pure fun I designed this as a parody label and it was waiting on a worthy fragrance. Designing the label has always been the easy part for me the harder part has always been getting the fragrance right and it seems the harder I try the harder it becomes. However, this one just seemingly came together almost as if by accident and imo I've got to say it is one helluva an accident as it smells really good to me in fact I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think it may be the best fragrance of our entire collection.

Fragrance: "Heavy Menthol" (Pacific Fauna - Citrus -Menthol) Okay for all you Menthol Masochist's out there and you know who you are lol! Despite the fragrance being called "Heavy Menthol" there are many soaps on the market with substantially more menthol in them than ours. However, that being said this is certainly no light weight by any means (pun intended)

Attachments

• PacificPerilF.png
    PacificPerilF.png
    431.7 KB · Views: 15
  • HMBL.png
    HMBL.png
    544.9 KB · Views: 15
I used Pacific Peril this morning and I LOVED it. The performance, scent and menthol effect are absolutely incredible. As a side note, my wife was very impressed by the label (although she thought the image was a fairy until I turned the label so she could see it better). I showed her the labels of all the other Victory Shaving co soaps and she think they all look very cool.

I used it late last week after receiving it. It works great after coming in from mowing the lawn and weeding the vegetable beds in 85 degree weather. (y)

It was originally supposed to go to a friend that is a mentholaholic, but I may have to get one for myself looking forward to this Summer.
Les,

You are going to be faced with a real dilemma the first batch was definitely the best batch I actually pulled one for my own personal use I actually had to revise the name on the back label of batches #2 and #3 to "Not so Heavy Menthol" as for some unknown reason the menthol strength in the follow on batches just didn't match batch#1 to the point I even removed the menthol acknowledgement

That actually might be perfect for me. Chris knows me well and has always made a slightly less menthol versions of Iron Throne for me because I like the scent but not the menthol. A slightly less menthol version of Pacific Peril that allows me to smell the flora of my old home of Hawaii would probably work better on the upcoming Summer heat wave.

BTW - @CBLindsay, I lathered my Iron Throne last night and it really hit the spot!

That actually might be perfect for me. Chris knows me well and has always made a slightly less menthol versions of Iron Throne for me because I like the scent but not the menthol. A slightly less menthol version of Pacific Peril that allows me to smell the flora of my old home of Hawaii would probably work better on the upcoming Summer heat wave.

BTW - @CBLindsay, I lathered my Iron Throne last night and it really hit the spot!
Oh you will enjoy this soap, the scent is fantastic and the performance is great AND the menthol is refreshing without being harsh or painful. Granted, I like a heavy menthol so my bar is really high for what is considered "heavy menthol".

Oh you will enjoy this soap, the scent is fantastic and the performance is great AND the menthol is refreshing without being harsh or painful. Granted, I like a heavy menthol so my bar is really high for what is considered "heavy menthol".
I actually got one for my friend in the Netherlands, I knew he would like it especially when I tell him that I had to check the disclosure/release box on the site. Of course once I had it in hand, I had to test it out to make sure the soap lathered properly. ;)

I think we are on the same wave length it is hands down my favorite soap I kept saying to myself that I wish I had made it sooner!

Shaved with PP this AM- Bravo! Fantastic experience - I really commend you! The blend is a perfect balance for my tastes - citrus and menthol

The citrus menthol combo is perfect for summer. The menthol really builds from pass to pass. I didn't feel it initially on the first application, but by the time I started my first pass shave it was cool. Then it kicked in nicely when I applied for the second pass, and even more with the third. Just the way you'd expect a menthol product to feel. But many just don't have enough to pull it off correctly. And the citrus scent is great at hiding (or complimenting) the menthol scent, so the menthol scent isn't distracting. Glad I bought 2 tins!

Order placed. Got some Night Raid beard balm as well as some Lilac hand cream for my GF. Sad to hear there will be no more Victory Shaving soaps being made, this is a unique Soy Wax soap base which you don't see many artisans using despite it making a great lather.

Order placed. Got some Night Raid beard balm as well as some Lilac hand cream for my GF. Sad to hear there will be no more Victory Shaving soaps being made, this is a unique Soy Wax soap base which you don't see many artisans using despite it making a great lather.
Thank you Shavewizard420 your order went out in the mail first thing this morning hope you and your GF enjoy the goodies I think you will definetley enjoy Pacific Peril it's like made for summertime!

Thank you Shavewizard420 your order went out in the mail first thing this morning hope you and your GF enjoy the goodies I think you will definetley enjoy Pacific Peril it's like made for summertime!

Thanks Dale! Went on vacation but got a chance to use the new products today. Pacific Peril smells nice and is quite a bit softer than the other 2 soaps in the den (Champaign Lady, and Rosie) which may be from the fragrance or menthol perhaps, anyways it lathered well as expected and the menthol level is much higher than I thought which felt amazing after 4 days growth. Very good stuff and am sad to hear this is the end of the shave soaps but am proud to have them in the den for future shaves to come!

Back