The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Outhouse removal and hauling

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
Okay so, @ShawnF always has interesting testosterone, chest thumping stories. I usually refrain as my fun and game days are mostly behind me but occasionally still get into things that are the typical "hold my beer and watch this" moments. I'll start by saying many years ago my Father-in-law got an old out house from someone he heard wanted it gone. he had it set up on property that was between us and he had it outfitted pretty cool with antiques hanging inside. He kept it immaculately clean and it was his pride and joy as a conversation piece. Fast forward and my mother-i-law has been hounding him to get rid of it. He finally gave his consent and I was elected the best suited to handle this endeavor. Here is the specimen after he took his antiques etc off the outside and from inside.
IMG_20190712_143149897.jpg

My 1st attempt was really as a joke to put it on Craigslist for $50. Again as a joke because they'd have found it funny if I actually made money on it which I would have given to them to go out to dinner. That got me 2 inquiries. 1 determined they were too far away and the other a bunch of teens making an obscene call. Okay, so let's make it free and see if we can get this thing gone or I'm going to torch it in place (This was what I really wanted to do but knew I had to eliminate other options beforehand so it would appear to be the only viable option left. Low and behold a women on a farm 2-3 hours away called and begged I hold it for her. I playing hard to get tell her I couldn't hold it long (as if there was a big demand or something) She insisted she would get it in less then a week and a friend Tom would call me to get details of what it would take t get it.

Unbelievably Tom called on Saturday and I told him what the dimensions were and bring help as I had no equipment and would be no help loading it. I told him my plans to burn it. He said he would come after my services and he would have some things and a pickup truck. He said if he couldn't get it he would have a gallon of gas with him. :ROFLMAO:

Tom arrived and was studying the situation while I watched and started cutting and screwing some 2x4's to the side and got to a point where he paused still looking at it but stumped. At this point I thought I saw what he was doing and said are you trying to get it lifted straight up for more height first and he said yep. I said how about a couple cinder blocks and a floor jack. He looked at me with a smile knowing he had a partner in crime now. I'm not in them as I stopped at intervals to get pictures for Rose the women wanting this because it meant soooo much to her. Apparently she had nothing but a outhouse until she was a senior in high school. She actually got emotional a couple times while talking about it which showed me how important it was to her and she asked me to get pictures. It was going to go to her small 7 acre farm. Well here is the succession of pictures documenting the process we used if I can get them to load.

Honestly this thing had a ton more weight to it than I realized. Glad it's gone but wish I could have burned it down. Hard to tell from pics but over 8 foot tall and 4.5 feet by 5.5 feet dimensions.

You never cease to amaze me Dave. I used to count myself a proud redneck but I’m gonna have to hand in my redneck card, I can’t complete with that kind of skill. Now, I COULD have blown it up or burned it to the ground but that’s low skill stuff.

Back