The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

OREN Occam

haggises

Shave Member
I tried it out a few months ago and was quite happy with it. Today, I pulled it out of hibernation, armed with a Feather Pro Super and had a very off shave. Kept missing narrow strips of stubble. Would give up cutting if angle slightly off.
Anyone else experienced the same? Wondering if the Super is just not good for the Occam. I can't think of a more obvious reason (yes I see what I did there)

Wonder if it’s slightly too wide and doesn’t allow the blade movement as it’s designed?

That was my experience with it. A smooth shaver but left places unshaven strips/areas. That and the bulky head and not accepting Prolines made it a pass for me.

Thanks Daves!
I'll try going back to Feather Pro and increase the baseplate to 3. If I can remember where the baseplates are....

Solved the problem of not being able to find the Occam baseplates or, for that matter, my Feather Pros.

Used a GEM Damaskeene with a fresh PTFE SS blade and it was near perfect.
(Only near perfect because i kept having to clear long hair from under the blade. My fault for not shaving in over a week)

I posted this on the pass-around thread but though I would place here too

I used to own an Oren. It was just too bulky for me. The only good thing about it was that it’s sale funded the purchase of a Vector. I now own 3 AC razors now, and get great shaves from all of them, a Vector, a General V2, and a Hawk V3.

Back