The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Open Comb Baseplate for Blackland Vector

wayne1963

Jr. Shave Member
Received from Blackland an open comb baseplate for the Vector. The razor had already displaced all others as my new number one. The new oc baseplate takes it into overdrive. I used MWF for the maiden voyage, and shaved as aggressively as I know how. Afterwards, I took a shower. This will always result in a little stinging on my neck. There was none, not even a warm glow. Now, fourteen hours later, the neck still feels clean shaven. My straights are about to go into semiretirement.

Interesting. I don't use open combs because they are too aggressive for me. This one I'd like to give a try.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one, but I'm so satisfied with the original I find it hard to justify. Enjoy your shaves, Wayne. BTW, welcome to The Cadre. :)

Interesting. I don't use open combs because they are too aggressive for me. This one I'd like to give a try.
Same. And for what the baseplate costs by itself, I’d definitely need to try it before I’d consider buying it.

same here.... The Vector is so perfect by itself it would be like adding another spice to an already perfect food. The reviews are really good stating it makes it even better which is honestly hard to fathom.....hmmm... more pondering required, but the C.E.C. force is strong with this one LOL

same here.... The Vector is so perfect by itself it would be like adding another spice to an already perfect food. The reviews are really good stating it makes it even better which is honestly hard to fathom.....hmmm... more pondering required, but the C.E.C. force is strong with this one LOL
Thought you'd like to know this. The open comb is maybe a smidge more efficient, but I find that I lose the same amount of smoothness, which is what I liked about the straight bar Vector. I chatted with the creator and he said it was 0.5 to 1.0 higher on the aggression scale.

Back