The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Online photo cloud storage.

DocHoliday0831

Won't Share His Sugar Daddy
Legacy
Anyone have any experience with these programs, apps etc. I recently downloaded amazon photos app and am curious to know if it actually helps with phone space and speed. Also what is the visibility/share ability of the photos after I auto save them to the cloud instead of my phone.

I have a Google Pixel phone so I have automatic cloud storage for my photos. I absolutely love it because I don't have to keep them on my phone. It helps a lot with phone storage and speed. I imagine the Amazon app works much the same way.

Google photos gives you a lot (possibly unlimited, not sure) of storage for free. And you can set it up so it automatically stores the photos you take on your phone. You can then delete any that you don’t want to keep on the phone permanently. I have an iPhone and am still able to use google photos, I just had to download the app.

Hopefully it helps we shall see. Trying to free up cloud space from Apple and not pay for extra. Amazon prime members get free unlimited picture storage

Google photo does provide unlimited free storage of “compressed” photos and makes auto-backup as easy as having iCloud backup. If you want to store full size full resolution images you are limited to 5gb (more or less, I think this amount has changed over time) butyou can pay for more. The compressed resolution is still quite good, far better than my best photo resolution upto IPhone 4 at least. My wife fears our electronic photo backups will be lost so i have had to make disk backups, Dropbox backups and left an entire 10yrs photos on an old iPad for future use. Google photo is cool because it has ways to search photos and it seems to learn.

Back