The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Olympics are Here!

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Anyone else interested now that the Olympics are finally back? I look forward to these every two years (now that they alternate Summer & Winter). My favs for the Summer are swimming, rowing, and beach volleyball and I’m looking forward to the new sports: karate, speed climbing, skateboarding (knarly), and surfing (hang 10 dude)! Plus softball is back!

what are your favorite Olympic sports?

1627050800775.png
Two of my favorite Olympic comedy skits

Gymnastics, skateboarding, surfing are going to be what I watch. Mixed emotions for sure knowing how most Japanese don’t want it.
I already had my sporting highlight of the year a week back, with the July Sumo Basho and the crowning of a new Yokozuna.

I already had my sporting highlight of the year a week back, with the July Sumo Basho and the crowning of a new Yokozuna.
It‘s been a while since I watched Sumo Wrestling - I do remember was it the 90’s when there was a champion that was US born?

Volleyball for sure
I remember when I was stationed out in Cali - and we used to go down to Hermosa, Redondo, and Manhattan Beaches to what was then called the AVP tour. I remember meeting Karch Kiraly, Kent Steffes, Sinjin Smith and Holly McPeak - you used to be able to just walk up to them- I was impressed with how down to earth everyone was. I’ve been hooked ever since.

But hard court rocks as well….

I'm usually really into the olympics and get caught up into all the action and the medal count. Just not feeling it. I haven't even turned it on.

My wife had been watching in the evenings. She likes the stories they tell about the athletes. I find it amusing. No sports all year. And now she's sitting there watching rugby and kayaking.

I'm usually really into the olympics and get caught up into all the action and the medal count. Just not feeling it. I haven't even turned it on.
I can’t believe you missed the 3017 competition- The Brits won with a TOOBs sandalwood - while the French are still at it - they’ve burned through 5 badgers trying to finish their Pre de Provence 63

Back