The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

OKAY anyone from WEST Virginia

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Okay my oldest son ( he's 13 ) wants to go to West Virginia for a few days this summer. What is there to do there that would interest a 13 year old ?? looking for places to take him....

Also on another note it doesn't necessarily have to be tourist attractions it could be places that you guys as locals or whatever know about that he might find interesting.... IE. not far from me is a local geyser thats not listed as a tourist attraction

Sadly, I’m decently far enough away. I’ve only been to harpers ferry area iirc for work training , so i dont really have much else to offer in WV.

Sadly, I’m decently far enough away. I’ve only been to harpers ferry area iirc for work training , so i dont really have much else to offer in WV.
That's fine . I appreciate the info you provided initially... Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Always wanted to go...WV supposedly has some of the best state parks out there with some beautiful scenery!

I am from WEST of Virginia, lots to do to the WEST of Virginia, dare I say more to do than to the EAST of Virginia. You go WEST enough you will even find another ocean.

My question is, why does he want to go to WV? I've honestly never heard anything that would make me want to go there. I'm sure it's beautiful, but aside from trees, I have no idea what WV even has to offer. So what stuck out in his mind to make him want to go?

My question is, why does he want to go to WV? I've honestly never heard anything that would make me want to go there. I'm sure it's beautiful, but aside from trees, I have no idea what WV even has to offer. So what stuck out in his mind to make him want to go?
I have no idea why. I know he likes mountains and stuff.

The faint melody of Banjos????
Nah. Though he likes all musical instruments and is learning about half of them.. He did mention one of those once but sticks mainly with his bass and electric guitar and ukulele. Clarinet and sax and bass clarinet and keyboards..anyway deliverance wasn't filmed in WV. The banjo scene was shot in Rabun County, Georgia. ;)

Well he is very talented , maybe a little exaggeration on my part though about the number he is learning or wants to learn , but it is a lot !! He doesn't like Harps and there are some more he doesn't want to learn...
Oh I also forgot to include he has a set of electric drums he is also learning to play and wants to learn the steel drums and also he has a few ocarina's.

Last edited:
I have no idea why. I know he likes mountains and stuff.

Nah. Though he likes all musical instruments and is learning about half of them.. He did mention one of those once but sticks mainly with his bass and electric guitar and ukulele. Clarinet and sax and bass clarinet and keyboards..anyway deliverance wasn't filmed in WV. The banjo scene was shot in Rabun County, Georgia. ;)
No, I knew that my old Banjo mentor was from WV

Back