The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

nose/ear hair trimmer

Scissors for me. Anything that makes it out the nasal cavity gets skipped and a couple careful snips in each nostril for good measure.

The just thought of a machine accidentally tugging makes my eyes water.

I have used almost every iteration of these tools. Do NOT spend a lot of money. The professional ones that have a big price tag are not any better than the inexpensive ones. The one pictured work great, have multiple attachments, a specific nose trimmer and a very good micro blade that is Teflon coated. The are sharp and efficient. That being said they do not stand up to heavy use, so I buy multiples as they are inexpensive, however they do a great job for home use for ears, nose, and even line ups. There are made by probably one of the best trimmer manufacturers Wahl. These are what I have settled on using in the shop, and when they break I have a back up. With 20-25 services a day. They hold up pretty good. Better than the professional models I have paid a ton more for

Just go to Target,CVS, Walmart or any drug store and they are about 12-14 dollars so buy a few
066FE4C3-2C5E-4CD3-BCF9-1C454D0E315A.jpeg

Get a fainting goat. They can nibble away at the hair and when if they chomp on your nose or ear lobe, your shriek will cause the to pass out, resolving that issue.

Scissors for me. Anything that makes it out the nasal cavity gets skipped and a couple careful snips in each nostril for good measure.

The just thought of a machine accidentally tugging makes my eyes water.
May I point out, that a number of the clients you serve are looking up from their beds at you? More is visible from that angle...

I have a rotary trimmer I bought at Walmart for $10, and it has lasted me years. Go cheap. They work fine.

Yes, I have tried it. Honestly, I don’t like it because it’s manual and if you’re in the middle of trying to cut some thing and let’s say you forget to turn, you were going to snag their hair in a yank it out I’ll stick with the cheapie battery powered Walmart trimmers like I showed above I have found those are the best ones for both personal and shop use

What about the eyebrow hair? That's my issue. I tend have the occasional eye brow hair or two that thinks it needs to touch my toes by morning time

What about the eyebrow hair? That's my issue. I tend have the occasional eye brow hair or two that thinks it needs to touch my toes by morning time
It has a couple of guards on it so you can keep them at a certain length

Back