The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

No more sneaking packages past SWMBO!!!

WildWest74

Could be John Wayne
I just wanted to lament the end of an era, a phenomenon we are all familiar with: getting home before SMWBO and grabbing a package with your latest goodies, then opening them up and stashing them in the den with SWMBO none the wiser.

My wife was introduced by her mother (THANKS A LOT, MIL!) to the USPS Informed Delivery Daily Digest service. Basically she signed up for a daily email that shows EVERYTHING that the USPS is delivering to our address that day, with scans of the individual pieces of mail as well as any USPS tracking numbers. If you are even unluckier, the tracking numbers include the origination ("Did you order something of Etsy???").

Looks like I will have to stick to vendors that ship UPS only, since I don't have an office address to send them to.

First off...glad to see you around Jim! I was thinking of you the other day!

Secondly, condolences! But all this means is that the wife finds out and that you will have to either get her some stuff to make up for it or you will have to become a better salesman!
1f60b.png

First off...glad to see you around Jim! I was thinking of you the other day!

Secondly, condolences! But all this means is that the wife finds out and that you will have to either get her some stuff to make up for it or you will have to become a better salesman!
1f60b.png

Hey this is the wife that approved Holy Black limited release purchases. No Sympathy ??

Well, the latest Holy Black release was specifically for women, so I snagged it for Valentine's Day!

I'll be offering a package handling service for a low fee very soon.

Ha. I just signed myself up for informed delivery...so my wife couldn’t. She really doesn’t need to know these things. Although I have an office address for the stuff I would prefer to make known at a later time.

I got my first notice today and it came with a “what’s coming later” last that included something from poshmark, guess my wife has found more clothes or shoes.

Yeah, I signed up for that a couple months ago. The wife might be in the dark about it. It’s not that I am hiding anything from her. I just didn’t inform her about receiving those emails.

The service is great. But don't let your wife have that much power

Ha. I just signed myself up for informed delivery...so my wife couldn’t. She really doesn’t need to know these things. Although I have an office address for the stuff I would prefer to make known at a later time.

I got my first notice today and it came with a “what’s coming later” last that included something from poshmark, guess my wife has found more clothes or shoes.

A preemptive strike from Mr. Lindsay! Way to go on offense and make the war on your terms!
1f60a.png

That was the great thing about the wine store. All deliveries would go there. Then when I sold it I had to explain where the stacks of amps came from

Lol, you guys need to up your game. I have the majority of my stuff sent to a co-workers house. He brings the packages to me at work. Most of the time setting on my desk when I get in! ;-)

Back