The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nicely made shoes

global_dev

Shave Enthusiast
I’m a sucker for a well made pair of footwear. I’ve been in brooks brothers a couple times, but usually their stuff doesnt fit my dad bod, however my wife finds stuff for her or my kids often enough there. I happened to be wandering around the store waiting/bored and 20-30 minutes in i spy a couple pairs of some on sale shoes. Like 1 or 2 pairs of each style.

One pair of size 12s derbys, i’ll humor myself and look at them. Peale & co? Never heard of them. Tried them on fully expecting them to be narrow and too small at size 12. I couldnt believe they fit. They look nicely made and arent crazy priced, looked them up online and Jackpot!! Crockett&Jones from england. Not too shabby.

Fit like a glove and usable if i ever go back into the office and need to wear some shoes and pants for work! 😂

17001692-63EA-4582-B378-908AB1731859.jpeg

I am a sucker for good leather anything….shoes, jackets, luggage. @NurseDave will tell you I am a lover of all things Coach. Yup…I am. Those pebble leather shoes look sharp!

I am a sucker for good leather anything….shoes, jackets, luggage. @NurseDave will tell you I am a lover of all things Coach. Yup…I am. Those pebble leather shoes look sharp!
My wife picked me up a “large” coach bleeker leather box for my bday a couple of years ago. very cool and unique. I intended to keep my straight razors in it or some 7day sets with a custom insert.

My wife picked me up a “large” coach bleeker leather box for my bday a couple of years ago. very cool and unique. I intended to keep my straight razors in it or some 7day sets with a custom insert.
Well Mrs. S loves Coach and there are many a purse and wallet in her collection. For me it started with a tote for work. It’s just well made stuff and so I went pretty exclusive with them: if we owned stock…😂

Well Mrs. S loves Coach and there are many a purse and wallet in her collection. For me it started with a tote for work. It’s just well made stuff and so I went pretty exclusive with them: if we owned stock…😂
Lol. Just remembered i have a tote also. Its like ~7x10 black leather messenger. Perfect size, though got made fun of constantly… Never cared though. Rocked it until i needed to carry a small laptop and went with an painted dye robins egg/royal blue leather portfolio bag. It was awesome.

Lol. Just remembered i have a tote also. Its like ~7x10 black leather messenger. Perfect size, though got made fun of constantly… Never cared though. Rocked it until i needed to carry a small laptop and went with an painted dye robins egg/royal blue leather portfolio bag. It was awesome.
Yup that is the one!!! 😂

Never really had super fancy shoes. One day (probably soon) I’d like to get a pair from Thursday boot company. The Saints, Captains, and Vanguards are really slick looking!

These are my current favorites though (that I own) for dressing up:
Kenneth Cole Reaction Edge Flex with inside zip
0E57C019-3CD4-43C1-B532-0B037100C3D9.jpeg
Otherwise I wear a cheap pair of Oxfords daily.

@GearNoir, I had the opportunity to buy a pair of limited edition 1000 mile wolverine boots in shell (alden made) for “cheap”. It broke my spirit for shoes and i just couldn’t bring myself to want anything else that was not-recraftable. My allen edmonds never made me feel that way since i could always find a pair on discount every few years that were the similar price to sending them back to be resoled and treated. But the quality of shoes seems to be declining last couple of years from what I’ve read for certain companies. Its a shame.

Back