The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Next Fragrance Purchase

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So I was in a Macy’s yesterday (felt weird) so I decided to try out some samples……..and I wanted to check out two that I have had on the back-burner - mainly because I have other versions of these - one of which is in my top five.

1653668698958.png1653668732514.png

So neither are a stretch, but I have always wondered how the EdP of BdC was compared to one of my faves the EdP. So I tried it out and yes - as expected - I like it - I still like the EdT better - but I can understand why the EdP is so popular right now.

But then I saw the funnies thing- I was just perusing YT videos and one of the reviewers was comparing the EdT, EdP, and parfum - and she said - she likes the EdT but it really doesn’t smell like Bleu de Chanel…….Now, I am definitely a YMMV for any frag and I fully support you like what you like - It doesn’t bother me if someone doesn’t like the version I like, but ummmm the Bleu de Chanel EdT is the OG - so not sure how it doesn’t smell like BdC. Anyway - that’s my frag humor for the day. I will probably pass just because I love the OG so much. I can see why people like the EdP so much though - where the EdT has that very tart grapefruit right at the top - the EdP and Parfum are more muted. So unless you are a citrus fiend like myself - I think most would like the other two better. I do think the EdT is more versatile - you can wear with blue jeans and a white tshirt - or in a business suit - I can‘t say that I’d wear the EdP or Parfum for any occasion - maybe in a less formal setting

The Absolu for ADG though I think I like more than any of the others. Still thinking about it. I wanted to get Naughton & Wilson Gravitas - which is old school or Juliet has a Gun Moscow Mule - but I have a ton of summer boozy frags already.

Oh the hard decisions…..see this is why you should NEVER sample -but always Blind Buy - because then I would have probably gotten all 4.

Last edited:
Most comments I’ve seen on the BdC variations seem to agree with you. The EDT is generally enjoyed more and is more versatile.

ADG Absolu gets a lot of press too…though the hype around their newest release, Parfum (which you just got right?), seems to be rocketing it up into a competitive position for top ADG.

Most comments I’ve seen on the BdC variations seem to agree with you. The EDT is generally enjoyed more and is more versatile.

ADG Absolu gets a lot of press too…though the hype around their newest release, Parfum (which you just got right?), seems to be rocketing it up into a competitive position for top ADG.
I think a lot of ADG EdP have to do with the newness of it. you’re right - the EdP which I just got - it is basically a more powerful version of the OG……and since I got to smell it against the others now - I have to say I like the Absolu the best ironically - which I would not have guessed - because it is the sweetest of the bunch - though I think any version are safe bets. I don’t get a lot of difference between the EdP and Profondo - they seem very similar - but I didn’t stay long and do a real comparison - I had like 7 spray cards for different things in the store and they were just about to close

Back