The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Newbie from Kansas City Missouri

kcjeepguy

Shave Newbie
As promised, I'll take a couple of minutes and introduce myself. My name is Shaun, and I'm from Kansas City, MO. I have been into vintage double edge wet shaving for almost 20 years, but not much of a "forum" guy. I have a great friend ("OpusX" on this forum) who got me into the hobby. I have a small but proud collection of about 15 razors, mostly vintage Gillettes. My other great love is homebrewing beer/meads/ciders of which I am kegging a Belgian tripel today.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and share our love of shaving.

As promised, I'll take a couple of minutes and introduce myself. My name is Shaun, and I'm from Kansas City, MO. I have been into vintage double edge wet shaving for almost 20 years, but not much of a "forum" guy. I have a great friend ("OpusX" on this forum) who got me into the hobby. I have a small but proud collection of about 15 razors, mostly vintage Gillettes. My other great love is homebrewing beer/meads/ciders of which I am kegging a Belgian tripel today.

Welcome to the forum, Shaun!

giphy.gif

Welcome friend! I too used to brew beer, cider, wine, and mead, but got out of it after getting married(weird coincidence right?). Glad to have you!

Do you have much in the way soaps and aftershaves or do you have your tried and true?

Best,

Matt

Welcome to The Cadre Shaun! I’m about an hour down the road in Warrensburg.
I’ve met up with Tony a time or two, hope to meet up with you sometime too.
If you’d like some FaceTime with some of us we have regular Zoom calls which are a lot of fun. Got a special one happening tonight, for the holiday if you’re free.
I really want to get into mead making, just haven’t made the jump yet. Tony got me into hot sauce making and I’ve Jumped way into that rabbit hole, lol.
Again, welcome. Good to see another local here. If we get a few more, I may put some local meetups together again.

Welcome Shaun. I haven't lived in KCMO for about 40 years but I grew up on the corner of Thompson and Askew in the Northeast district.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Welcome to TSC! Razors and Beer making? I think you will fit right in here!

giphy.gif

Welcome friend! I too used to brew beer, cider, wine, and mead, but got out of it after getting married(weird coincidence right?). Glad to have you!

Do you have much in the way soaps and aftershaves or do you have your tried and true?

Best,

Matt
OpusX has given me quite a few samples so I haven't settled on a favorite yet. I'm open to trying different types and scents. Always on the hunt for a great soap/aftershave combo.

Welcome to The Cadre Shaun! I’m about an hour down the road in Warrensburg.
I’ve met up with Tony a time or two, hope to meet up with you sometime too.
If you’d like some FaceTime with some of us we have regular Zoom calls which are a lot of fun. Got a special one happening tonight, for the holiday if you’re free.
I really want to get into mead making, just haven’t made the jump yet. Tony got me into hot sauce making and I’ve Jumped way into that rabbit hole, lol.
Again, welcome. Good to see another local here. If we get a few more, I may put some local meetups together again.
Spider,
That sounds awesome, I'd love for all of us locals to meet up and have a pint and a cigar.

Back