The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Year's Eve 2020 Libation???

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
As we approach 2021 and with the TSC soiree on Thursday evening, not to mention I assume most of us will be staying at home, what will be your adult beverage of choice? Other than the obligatory Champagne toast at midnight. Or in case of the Cadre party (4) Champagne Toasts, LOL

I will be drinking Rusty Nails. An iced smokey Scotch drink of single malt and Drambuie, over ice in a rocks or bucket glass with a twist of Lemon and or Orange.

So, will you be drinking on New Years Eve??

I would love to just sip the entire night on my new bottle of Yellow Spot Irish Whiskey...but the wife would likely not be happy since she bought me the bottle. But I honestly think I will either stick with a Manhattan on the rocks or various bottles of wine that are floating around the house.

The wife and I might have some Sheridan and/or wine. There's always Monkey Shoulder waiting for me as well.

DEBBIE DOWNER sighting!
The ticking of the clock into the next calendar year has never really inspired me as a cause of celebration in the jubilant way it does for many others.

No idea. It depends what’s for dinner. If it’s a wine friendly meal, then a bottle will be opened. Otherwise I’ll be likely sampling different scotches through the night.

The only Champagne I truly have enjoyed is Christal. Which I just priced today and it’s $80 more than last time I bought it. We will not be having that this year.

The ticking of the clock into the next calendar year has never really inspired me as a cause of celebration in the jubilant way it does for many others.
I am hoping the ticking of the clock to usher out 2020 and usher in 2021 might be an exception.
The only Champagne I truly have enjoyed is Christal.
I met a girl named Chrsital once. It was at this really fancy club and all... 🙃

As we approach 2021 and with the TSC soiree on Thursday evening, not to mention I assume most of us will be staying at home, what will be your adult beverage of choice? Other than the obligatory Champagne toast at midnight. Or in case of the Cadre party (4) Champagne Toasts, LOL

I will be drinking Rusty Nails. An iced smokey Scotch drink of single malt and Drambuie, over ice in a rocks or bucket glass with a twist of Lemon and or Orange.

So, will you be drinking on New Years Eve??
Wow, a rusty nail... I don't hear that often. A former colleague of mine drank them exclusively. Wonderful guy.

I'm usually drinking beer. Likely the same for new years. [emoji106]

wow that is not a brand I have heard in awhile
It's actually pretty good. And it's cheap!

My son works for a beer distributor. He turns 21 in February. He can then get anything they sell at cost, expired stuff even cheaper, I think.

I had a HUGE drinking problem at his age, but I try to drink a beer a day for kidney stones. As a nurse, I learned to date EVERYthing, lol! I still have 5 Hamm's from a 30 pack I opened on 10/01/2020 ! I just haven't made time to look after my health!!!

Likely making Margaritas. And a drink using a local citrus/coconut flavored brandy called Lake Time Addiction from Phantom V Distillery. Mix that with some sprite and it's an adult version of Ocean Water.
Sharon will be over at 6,. LOL

It has been decided... And it was such a GOOD choice. Yummy! [emoji39]
49f032e75517c36c75afd1e728431b70.jpg

Back