The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Store Tour

Joe Hackett

Stirling Soap Co.
Artisan Retailer
Hello all,

Here's a short video tour of the store we've spent the last 9 months restoring. If you've not seen the original video, it's on our YouTube channel. You should check it out to see what a dump this place was before we got started. Anyway, thank you all for helping us to get to this point.

Rod

Rod, I just got the email and watched it. Was thinking of coming here to start a thread and found you did already. Thanks a bunch as I thoroughly enjoyed them. You should be proud as you stated. Great accomplishment and putting a bath soap order together soon and whatever I ca sneak in on it and past the wife :ROFLMAO:If I still had my bike t would be time for a road trip........................................although that would limit purchases. Congrats !!!

Last edited:
Wow, double storefront and you guys did a fantastic job fixing it up; those wood floors look gorgeous! Congratulations Rod!

Thanks for letting us take a peek behind the door and a bit into your personal space!

Rod, I just got the email and watched it. Was thinking of coming here to start a thread and found you did already. Thanks a bunch as I thoroughly enjoyed them. You should be proud as you stated. Great accomplishment and putting a bath soap order together soon and whatever I ca sneak in on it and past the wife :ROFLMAO:If I still had my bike t would be time for a road trip........................................although that would limit purchases. Congrats !!!
Don't forget the shampoo bars, you gotta take care of all that beautiful hair. I got my order in, mostly shampoo bars for now.

Don't forget the shampoo bars, you gotta take care of all that beautiful hair. I got my order in, mostly shampoo bars for now.
I was going to ask the difference from bath bars and whether they'd be worth it with 1/8 inch hair like mine? I read the difference online in ingredients

I saw the video and also came to start a thread. I guess I was a bit late. Very nice setup and nice job bringing revenue back to a historic building.

That’s a 5 hour drive for us from TX. But we will definitely make a run up there.

@Joe Hackett first I need to say congratulations on the storefront!!! It looks amazing. In watching the video the part that stood out to me is your devotion to the family unit! I love your products even though my selection in the den is limited at the moment but that will change sir I promise. The part about having your son a desk near yours and your wife’s to make him feel important really really gave me a glimpse into the mind of a real man in today’s mess of a society. Thank you sir for being you and providing us the product you provide. Thank you for being a supporter of TSC and helping make this place what it is. Also you just made my list of vendors that I will support regardless of how many artisans come out with this soap or that soap that may/may not perform better than yours I’m on board with you guys from now til the end.

@Joe Hackett first I need to say congratulations on the storefront!!! It looks amazing. In watching the video the part that stood out to me is your devotion to the family unit! I love your products even though my selection in the den is limited at the moment but that will change sir I promise. The part about having your son a desk near yours and your wife’s to make him feel important really really gave me a glimpse into the mind of a real man in today’s mess of a society. Thank you sir for being you and providing us the product you provide. Thank you for being a supporter of TSC and helping make this place what it is. Also you just made my list of vendors that I will support regardless of how many artisans come out with this soap or that soap that may/may not perform better than yours I’m on board with you guys from now til the end.
Well Said Son !!!

Back