The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Release

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Cadre

Another new release. Tonka Bean shave soap, Skin Food Splash and EDP.

This is a 100% Pure Tonka Bean blend of Tonka Bean Butter, Tonka Bean Absolute and my homemade infusion of Venezuelan Tonka Beans .

I know from some recent posts on IG that a lot of folks have never smell the real thing and especially by itself. One thing to know Tonka Bean is used in many cologne and perfume fragrance blends and one of the most well known in the wet shaving community is Fougere. Unfortunately because of the cost of real Tonka Bean the aroma chemical versions are used more often than the real deal.

I personally very much enjoy Tonka Bean and definitely prefer authentic natural Tonka Bean to the synthetic variants.

The most common description of the scent of Tonka Bean is it’s got a sort of Vanilla vibe to it with some Carmel thrown in. If I’m generalizing I’d say this is a close description but Tonka Bean has its own unique aroma and when you first smell it you’d understand that. An each variant in my blend has their own unique characteristic to it. The Tonka Bean Butter is a very smooth soft Tonka Bean with very little Coumarin showing up while the Tonka Bean Absolute has a stronger Vanilla with a little berry vibe going and my homemade Infusion is where I get the Coumarin note very present. In the F Base Shave soap it’s very smooth and calming. In the Skin Food Splash and the EDP the aroma jumps out more with the Coumarin really showing up and as a little something extra, I added a piece of a Tonka Bean which will continue to infuse because of the alcohol and increasing the scent strength as time goes on as the beans will release more Coumarin into the products. You can see the Tonka Bean chip in the Skin Food Splash photo below.
Tonka Bean is also great to layer over as a foundation as it mixes well with so many other scents when doing what I call Mixology. A subject I’ll be bringing up in the near future project.

NOTE: Also I have new labels instead of the pain in the butt hanging Tags we used to use to inform the user to “ Shave me I’m Natural “ on the Splashes and other liquid products that required shaking before usage.

I will say it’s going very quickly not only on my website but at my vendors and ones already sold out and I had to get him out a 2nd order.

Here’s a list of the ingredients below off the Shave Soap label

Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice, Stearic Acid, Grass Fed Beef Tallow, Duck Fat, Organic Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Kokum Butter, Mango Butter, Organic Glycerin, Potassium Stearate, Sheep Milk, Coconut Milk, Sodium Hydroxide, Grass Fed Bison Tallow, Argan Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Tonka Bean Butter, Venezuelian Tonka Bean Infusion Oil, VenezuelianTonka Bean Absolute, EOS Complex, Allantoin, Oat Amino Acids, Silk Amino Acids, Soy/Rice Peptides, Sorbitol, Organic Vitamin E Oil, Sodium Lactate, Xanthan Gum, Lanolin, Capritolin (Natural Preservative) Calendula Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Comfrey Extract, Milk Thistle Extract, Chamomile Extract.

410DD39D-F91A-48C2-8CEC-940002CF8AD8.jpeg

19086551-A276-42A6-8387-18AEE1FC4FAE.jpeg
4134A2E6-A5F5-49C4-8D8E-76E19C36968D.jpeg

Thanks for looking and Great Shaves!

Last edited:
Just ordered. Been very curious what Tonka smells like on its own. Nice project.
Thank you! Hope you enjoy it. An don’t forget it’s a great scent to layer over. It mixes with so many notes.

Best wishes

Frank

This Tonka Bean scent is amazing. I'm hooked. It is so much in my wheelhouse, it's ridiculous. I didn't see that there was an EdT when I first ordered the set, so I just went ahead and bought another skin food and the EdT.
KJ
I got notice of your order today an thank you so much for the support. I’m a big Tonka Bean fan ( if it’s real ) so I can relate.

👍🏼😊

This Tonka Bean scent is amazing. I'm hooked. It is so much in my wheelhouse, it's ridiculous. I didn't see that there was an EdT when I first ordered the set, so I just went ahead and bought another skin food and the EdT.

I wholly agree. It is my new favorite scent from Frank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back