The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New from Edinburgh,Scotland

Welcome to the forum!
Cheers MilkCrate, thanks for the welcome, once I find my way on the forum, I hope to help others find new stuff from Scotland, a lot of nice soaps,plus a few razors made iin this small country.

Charlie

shave like a man till you die.

Do you have access to much shaving stuff locally? Can you just pop into a local store and get what you need or do you have to order more of it? Do you have a good market for vintage razor and such at antique stores?

Welcome to The TSC!

What he meant by tagging those gents, was they are lovers of drinking Scotch Whisky.
Ha Ha Spider, I am one of the few Scotsmen that dont drink alcahol but still a crazzy Scot.

Charlie

50 km is local enough, and that shop sounds great! My nearest shop that would have anything like that is 200km away!
A long way but the USA is a BIG place, my wife would love it to be 200km away,she is the driver and not a shaver,well not that I know of, so when I am in the shop for an hour or so, she is not a happy bunny.

Charlie

and not a shaver
Does she shave her legs, underarms, etc? I know many of our spouses & significant others use our gear for those tasks. And some like it so much, they get their own stuff too! My girlfriend has a drawer of her own shave soaps and aftershaves.

Hi all,just a few corections from my previous posts,, it is a RazoRock v2 blackbird,not razorloch,(thinking scottish) and the thing about Castle Douglas is a chap up their can make shaving brushes using scotch pine for the handles but so far, I have not managed to get hold of him.
I love getting things from local places,help the small man,the big boys cant have all the fun.

Charlie

Does she shave her legs, underarms, etc? I know many of our spouses & significant others use our gear for those tasks. And some like it so much, they get their own stuff too! My girlfriend has a drawer of her own shave soaps and aftershaves.
True,true Spider, never asked, mind she is always on how long I am in the bathroom shavin,. I do not think she realises just what a pleasure getting some me time,shaning well and also smelling wonderful for her.
I think she shaves in the shower,no way is SWMBO getting her hands on my gear,no way,no way, bet she is and I have wondered why my blades are dull after two shaves.

Charlie

I do not think she realises just what a pleasure getting some me time,shaning well and also smelling wonderful
Exactly. Most women don’t get it, and won’t give it a chance. But those that do, understand. And then, when it’s something you both enjoy, it makes those trips to the shop something you can do together and more enjoyable for both of you.

A few of our significant others are on the forum as well and pop in from time to time. So if she does try it, there are women here who can help her too.

Exactly. Most women don’t get it, and won’t give it a chance. But those that do, understand. And then, when it’s something you both enjoy, it makes those trips to the shop something you can do together and more enjoyable for both of you.

A few of our significant others are on the forum as well and pop in from time to time. So if she does try it, there are women here who can help her too.
She was in our local store across the road,a.chap was getting some one blade carts and she asked if he was going to shave with them,he said yes,she said that there is a berber across the road,cheak

She was in our local store across the road,a.chap was getting some one blade carts and she asked if he was going to shave with them,he said yes,she said that there is a berber across the road,cheak
Well if you ever see her with a cart razor, just ask her if she intends to shave with it! 😜

Back