The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Fridge

Fenster

"O a'u o le ULU Matai"
Concierge
Bought a new refrigerator from Lowes (online) which is a little painful when my company has shut down and i can't work from home, but gotta have one. The old one has been making odd noises for a while now, but now has a death rattle and I am afraid it is going to quit anytime now. The new one was to be delivered today but somehow the order got cancelled. After hours spent on the phone this morning, including 45 minutes on hold with the online contact number, i think i have one coming tomorrow thanks to the good folks at the two closest stores to me. Lesson learned --- do not order from Lowes on line, go to or call your local store.

Glad that go sorted out! They have no clue how it got cancelled?

Was this purchase SWMBO approved?
Not excactly, i had called my nearest store to ask a question about the model i wanted and while on the phone they told me they had 2 that just came in. I completed my order online and later i got a call from them confirming delivery today and that they would call me friday morning with an estimated time. Later that day i got an odd call from Dave from the second closest store telling me that they could not deliver untill monday, so i told them the first store was delivering today, so the guy says ok i will investigate and get back to you. He never did get back to me and i am pretty sure he was the one that cancelled the order. needless to say I did not get a call this morning. I called store 1 and they could not get into the online order, so they were no help. Called online customer service and the almost useless online customer service rep did manage to tell me that someone at store 2 cancelled the order. i called the store manager of store 2 to ask why it was cancelled and he was actually very helpful and called store 1 management to help get it straightened out, which we did, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. They all still seem baffled and claim they dont know how this happened, but i am pretty sure it was Dave from store 2. Wow, it was super hard to keep my cool and not be a jerk. I know they are probably busy and most likely short staffed with all thatis going on, but wow, that was frustrating. Hopefully i get the call tomorrow morning with a delivery time. Fingers crossed.

Yes, Mrs. Fenster appoved, almost demanded, the purchase. she knows our 19 year old unit is almost ready to give up. Hate spending that kind on money when i'm not working but...

Sorry for the issues...but at least you got one coming hopefully the gave you a credit or waived delivery fee or something.

Back