The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New F Base Releases

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Cadre
So as the thread title states I’m releasing a 2nd base I call the F Base which stands for Firm Base. This came from requests I got from guys that only like to jar lather and found my standard base a little to soft for that. Before I go on I’d like to note that I’ve formed the standard base up a bit on the newer releases.
So getting back to the new F Base I and a few testers I have find it easy to lather and a 20 to 30 second load is enough for 3 passes. The soap can take some water and depending on what kind of water you have in your area I’d start out with a wet brush shaken out and load up and if you need more water add a few drops at a time until you achieve a nice creamy lather. The F Base based on my testers offers a very dense lather with excellent protection, slickness and the post shave I’ll discuss below.
Id ike to bring to your attention is the post shave characteristics of the F Base which is a little unique. The F Base has a higher percentage of the EOS Complex and Hyaluronic acid which I believe is the main reason the post shave is a little different from my standard base and some popular soaps we tested it against. So if anyone who uses a Hyaluronic acid serum or gets Hyaluronic acid shots by a Doctor knows that after initial contact with the skin you get a feeling like you skin has plumped up or some might explain it as tight like it’s been stretched. Well plump is the correct description as the Hyaluronic acid fills the skin with moisture and as I mentioned this is very noticeable if anyone has gotten an injection of it to hide wrinkles. That’s more of an extreme example but it may help understand what the post shave of the F Base is like. I call it kind of time released. Fist off, it rinses clean like the standard base and then as it begins to dry you get that plump feeling though much more subtle than getting a injection of Hyaluronic acid you can definitely feel it. Then between 45 minutes and an hour that feeling is replaced by a soft hydrated skin feeling that begins to build and continues to do so for hours. This is mostly a result of both the higher percentage of the EOS Complex ( which already has Hyaluronic acid in it ) and the added Hyaluronic acid blend which has both high and low molecular weight Hyaluronic acid s in it. Of course the butters, oils and fats help contribute to the post shave. The post shave o the F Base leaves no oily of waxy candle oil residue feeling on the skin.
Also a note I’m using not only using Grass Fed Beef Tallow and Duck Fat but I’ve added Grass Fed Bison Tallow to the formula along with other skin beneficial ingredients in the F Base.
So that’s about it as far as explaining the base so I’ll move on to what soaps are released in the F Base.

As of 12 noon today EST there will be Lavender Supreme, Succes and a new aroma called Fresco which is a Lime Forward scent which is simply made from Sicilian Lime Essential oil, a homemade Lime & Fresh Basil infusion I made myself and a slight touch of spearmint to brighten up the scent a bit. I’ve had a lot of requests for a Lime soap in the last year.

Later in the week I’ll also be releasing the new Nuage de Citron which means “ A Cloud of Lemons “ in French. This is a tribute to my mom who loved the color yellows as she used to say it made her smile. Growing up she must have painted our house a shade of yellow like 3 times! Lol
Anyway that will be released this week as well in the F Base with more aromas to follow which will include the V3 Dragonsbeard Shave soap.

These new releases can be found on the ETHOS website ethosgroomingessentials.com and shortly at my 4 Vendors which are listed on the website with Gtr links to their websites.

On a side note the standard base will still be offered and I just restocked the Succes and Lavender Supreme.

Shortly in the next couple of weeks I’ll be releasing my first Shave Cream and it’s a non tallow shave cream that comes in a 6 oz jar

well that’s about it and here’s a photo of the new Fresco Shave soap below.

Great shaves!

Frank

1E5A5402-D6F5-47CF-BD63-735E767C85CB.png

giphy.gif

Awesome good stuff, @Dragonsbeard (as ALWAYS)!

Can't wait to add an ETHOS F-Base to my cherished "collection" (or rather, assortment) of ultra-premium shave soaps!

Love seeing the new releases rolling out!

Now speaking of "F-Base", that just triggers musical thoughts in my world of thinking,... which, in turn, brings to mind an idea I've been kicking around for a particular scent profile that I would like to call "JAZZ"! Hmmmmm,.... Imagine an ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Musique" Collection, with it's premier scent "JAZZ" in the F-Base! I'm ALL in!!!!

Let's talk about this sometime, Frank!

PEACE,
~BG

Awesome good stuff, @Dragonsbeard (as ALWAYS)!

Can't wait to add an ETHOS F-Base to my cherished "collection" (or rather, assortment) of ultra-premium shave soaps!

Love seeing the new releases rolling out!

Now speaking of "F-Base", that just triggers musical thoughts in my world of thinking,... which, in turn, brings to mind an idea I've been kicking around for a particular scent profile that I would like to call "JAZZ"! Hmmmmm,.... Imagine an ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Musique" Collection, with it's premier scent "JAZZ" in the F-Base! I'm ALL in!!!!

Let's talk about this sometime, Frank!

PEACE,
~BG
Love that idea and since I was in music pretty much all my life and I love Jazz you just inspired me on this one sir. In fact I have an aroma blend that I’ve been working on that has no name and Jazz fits it perfectly.

I’m going to run this by my graphic designer and I already have an idea for the label….
Thank you so much for the great idea.. I’m on it and all in!
More F Bases coming soon and I’ll keep the updates coming.

Best regards

Frank

Back