The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New (Dual Release)

Victory~Dale

Jr. Shave Member
Veteran
As discussed on this evening's wonderful Thanksgiving TSC Family Zoom Call and where I finally got to put faces to names and as promised I have just released two new soaps "Jolly Rogers" (Leather-Sage-Lemongrass) & "Heaven Can Wait" (Cherry Blossom-Sandalwood) available in store now. Full disclosure: "Jolly Rogers" was initially slated to be the TSC special project soap but I personally did not feel that the fragrance was worthy of the additional price and was initially not planning to offer it online i.e. local vendor sales only. "Heaven Can Wait" had been in the works for sometime and imo is an extremely nice warm scent.

The 90th Bomb Group AKA "The Jolly Rogers" consisted of the 319th Bomb Squadron (Asterperious), 320th Bomb Squadron (Moby Dick), 321st Bomb Squadron (Bombs Away) and the 400th Bomb Squadron (Black Pirates) they flew B-24 Liberators out of Australia and Papua New Guinea. Evidence of their WWII Legacy can still be found/traced to modern day FE Warren AFB.

"Heaven Can Wait" was a B-24D assigned to the 90th Bomb Group AKA "The Jolly Rogers" 400th Bomb Squadron (Black Pirates) the Bomber was a 30+ mission veteran. Her last mission was on March 11, 1944 while on temporary loan to the 320th Bomb Squadron (Moby Dick) when she was lost to what was reported afterwards as unusually accurate box Anti-Aircraft fire. Her wreckage was discovered in October 2017 by Project Recover (No Affiliation with Victory Shaving) 212' underwater in Hansa Bay, Papua New Guinea.

Attachments

• jolly_rogers.png
    jolly_rogers.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 13
  • BL_JR.png
    BL_JR.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 13
  • HeavenCanWaitRed.png
    HeavenCanWaitRed.png
    436.9 KB · Views: 15
  • BL_HCW.png
    BL_HCW.png
    385 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Dale, I was a member of the 400th Bomb Squadron at FE Warren from 2000-2004. At that time we were the only squadron still authorized to fly the Jolly Rogers flag. I still have my squadron patches with the Jolly Roger. That squadron has gone away as our Peacekeeper ICBMs have since been deactivated. But I cannot wait to add these two soaps to my collection.

Dale, I was a member of the 400th Bomb Squadron at FE Warren from 2000-2004. At that time we were the only squadron still authorized to fly the Jolly Rogers flag. I still have my squadron patches with the Jolly Roger. That squadron has gone away as our Peacekeeper ICBMs have since been deactivated. But I cannot wait to add these two soaps to my collection.
That is absolutely awesome Spider then you were probably already aware of the 400th squadron's lineage to WWII I was also told that the last time I was vending on the base that many of the missile silos were/still are actually named after some of the bombers the only one I can remember off the top of my head right now is one called "Double Trouble". Loved that blonde desert tarantula you were handling last night pretty fricking cool and I had no idea they lived that long!

Sorry, I meant to say I was in the 400th Missile Squadron. We did borrow our heritage from the 400th Bomb squadron. I was unaware that any of the individual silos were named. But I worked from the Launch Control Center and never saw the silos or the missiles themselves.

And it was nice to see you on zoom too!

Back