The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New bowl i got the other day.

Cool bowl, especially if it fits the shave den decor. It would be really interesting if the inside had any sort of texture similar to the outside.

The inside is textured but not like the outside... its more of a grit style inside it
That’s good! As long as it’s not too permeable or conversely leaking any chemicals, the bowl will build lather faster with the grit surface.

It'll be really good for lathering up some CBL Iron Throne!
i don't know if i have that one... do i Chris ? i will look but i dont know if he sent that or russian tea.. he might have been out at the time i cant remember....

The "scales" around the bowl look VERY similar to artichoke petals...... Maybe it was intended to be a bowl to serve whole artichokes in?

I think it is a nod to a pineapple. Pineapples were a symbol of hospitality and friendship. Up here in New England you see pineapple in many old homes. You see them on handrails, doors and other ornate fixtures.

I think it is a nod to a pineapple. Pineapples were a symbol of hospitality and friendship. Up here in New England you see pineapple in many old homes. You see them on handrails, doors and other ornate fixtures.
Thanks for the reply.

7c0ae6569fae2d9726d217b54abfb2de.jpg
your purchase price reminds me of when I bought this cup at a thrift shop. It still had the original $7.95 price tag on the bottom. I got it for 50 cents. Melted some odds and ends of shaving soap in it. Then I thought......what an idiot!.....I should have used it for my coffee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back