The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New addition to the family...

Dagwoodz

TSC's Movie Star
Veteran
Legacy
Well...I finally broke down and picked up a premium SE razor...unobtanium to top it off. Just won an auction on THAT site for a lightly used Colonial General in brass. Now the long wait for it to arrive! Pictures below are from the listing.

Dagwoodz said:
Well...I finally broke down and picked up a premium SE razor...unobtanium to top it off. Just won an auction on THAT site for a lightly used Colonial General in brass. Now the long wait for it to arrive! Pictures below are from the listing.

Very nice Josh do you have some blades?

Congrats, Josh!

I have the General Silver aluminum and it's a really good shaver. I would imagine that the brass is even nicer.

I haven’t tried the General but in the RX the ProGuard blades are just ok but the Pro blades are homerun hitters. I just got some of the Schick p-30 proline blades to try next.

Blade4vor said:
Congrats, Josh! I have the General Silver aluminum and it's a really good shaver. I would imagine that the brass is even nicer.

I passed on a black aluminum one for 1/3 the cost, but wanted a heavier razor. If I missed this one I was planning on going with the 316 SS version they have available now. Looking forward to seeing how it shaves!

DocHoliday0831 said:
I haven’t tried the General but in the RX the ProGuard blades are just ok but the Pro blades are homerun hitters. I just got some of the Schick p-30 proline blades to try next.

I'll eventually try the super pros, along withe the Kai blades. I haven't heard of Schick selling AC style blades...interesting!

Dagwoodz said:
I'll eventually try the super pros, along withe the Kai blades. I haven't heard of Schick selling AC style blades...interesting!

i didn’t know either until a journal on the other site. He did an awesome blade analysis and had Schick A/C listed as best. I grabbed 60 of them on the net for like 18$

DocHoliday0831 said:
i didn’t know either until a journal on the other site. He did an awesome blade analysis and had Schick A/C listed as best. I grabbed 60 of them on the net for like 18$

pm me your address and I will send you a couple of them and a couple pro supers to try if you want and some Kai if you want too

I got the black aluminum one when it first came out and it is one of the three I kept out of all the Feather AC safety razors. Something about the General being so simple but efficient. I contemplated the brass and the SS because of the weight, but both times I decided to leave well enough alone. Let us know how the shave goes.

Dagwoodz said:
Well...I finally broke down and picked up a premium SE razor...unobtanium to top it off. Just won an auction on THAT site for a lightly used Colonial General in brass.

I can only hope that your face loves that razor as much as mine does. I know YMMV, but in this case I'm hoping it doesn't vary at all. I hope you get EXACTLY the mileage I get out of the brass General. With a Schick Proline blade installed, it's worth whatever you paid.

Are you going to let it get a patina or keep it shiny? I have and like the brass but couldn't stand the bare brass so I got it plated in nickel.

I still haven't decided if I want to let the petunia develop or nothe. Knowing me and my military background I'll polish it up with some Maas that I have on hand.

That looks great replated!

Great Find Josh. I looked at these back when I was in the AC SE acquisition phase. At that time, I don't think they were being manufactured any more, but were still available at some dealers. I almost pulled the trigger, but with two ATT SE2s and an Asylum RX, I decided enough is enough.

I recall reading about these blades on that other site in the SE section. I have always intended to do something with them, but I so rarely use anything but a straight razor that I just have not done it.

Back