The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Namaste from India

Hey folks

I am Manish from India. I shuttle regularly between India and USA for my professional reasons.

Hooked to wet shavjbg way back in 2006 when cartridges started the issue of razor bumps, painful after shave skin.

Bought my first Merkur 34CHD razor and haven't looked back . India is also a wet shavers paradise for shaving creams and shavibf blades.

I am glad to join this forward and hope to contribute meaningfully to this wonderful forum !

Regards
Manish

Welcome Manish!

I believe I recognize your name from SOTD retweets from RR Joe? Could you be the same?

Welcome to tha Cadre Manish. You are right about India being a wet shavers paradise, we don’t get access to a lot of product from India but Godrej and Old Spice cream (India Old spice is supposed to smell more like the old version we really like) are two I’ve tried. We would love to see or hear more about the stuff we are missing or on.

Welcome to TSC Manish! We are so happy to have you here! I think you will be able to offer a different perspective on wet shaving!

Welcome Manish!

I believe I recognize your name from SOTD retweets from RR Joe? Could you be the same?

Yes sir ! That would be me ?

I manage to keep the same username across forums and social media for my wet shaving experiences.

I also maintain a shave blog at maharajashave.com, but it's been a while since I updated it!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Happy to be here!

Yes sir ! That would be me ?

I manage to keep the same username across forums and social media for my wet shaving experiences.

I also maintain a shave blog at maharajashave.com, but it's been a while since I updated it!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Happy to be here!

Excellent! You have had some nice SOTD pictures if I recall. Feel free to carry on that practice in our SOTD thread as well!

Hello all

After a brief stint here in 2018, I am back again this time in the new avatar of being a straight razor shaver. While I can shave comfortably I am improving my honing techniques.

Been following the LongHaulTanker shave videos where he keeps reminding viewers of TSC.

Hope to participate more often on this forum !

Hello all

After a brief stint here in 2018, I am back again this time in the new avatar of being a straight razor shaver. While I can shave comfortably I am improving my honing techniques.

Been following the LongHaulTanker shave videos where he keeps reminding viewers of TSC.

Welcome Back!

Hello all

Welcome back Manish! And welcome to the ranks of open blade shavers!

Back