The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Naked Armor Straight Razors

DEMan

Shave Member
Good Morning to all. Naked Armor Straight Razors keeps showing up on my Instagram feed. Anyone own any of their straight razors or heard of this company? Was looking to try my hand at straight razor shaving. I have a Ralf Aust and was looking to get a second razor as a back up. Thanks all. DEMan.

Their single straight razors looks a lot like a gold dollar or titan razor rebranded. There is likely a premium on the marketing; tbh i’d go for a vintage lesser well known japanese western in good shape.

Well, their website looks like a joke, the stopping video evokes copious amounts of cringe and most of their other photos are tough to look at. Now, as for the razor and the materials, they seem overpriced for what they are. There is no mention on Amazon or their website as to where it is made so my assumption is that it’s made in China. Which is not a horrible thing, considering several Chinese razors(ZY & gold dollar) can become decent shavers for sure. The styling is very similar to the gold dollar razors and the scales look pretty cheap. Overpriced in my opinion and there are better options if you want a new razor.
I know of one gentleman that really likes them and even went ahead and bought seven of them and had a custom seven day set box made for them. That being said, he only owns these and some other Chinese razors.
For the money, a solid vintage razor can be had for the same or less money in new old stock condition or nearly new condition, but with much higher quality. In the end, you do what makes you happy!

The advertising throws me off, as do the videos and other advice on their website.

What is this guy doing???
0D0DD03D-E618-40F2-B3A4-F1BC167017DA.jpeg

It looks like they carry an assortment of wet shaving gear. Let me know what you think.
The website claims they import the steel sheets, implying it is manufactured in the US. The Amazon seller claims Designed in California and produced in Asia (read China). I agree with @global_dev, it’s probably like a Titan razor. I know some use Titan, but for the money I would keep looking.

E1314A73-A7E7-451C-84EF-4632FBE1F3BF.png

DEman, i’m not too far from you, so if you need some honing assistance for something that isnt a chinese rebrand (or Pakistani or sweeney todd rso), let me know.

not that i have anything against chinese gds (or titans), i have fixed and honed up dozens of gds and they shave great, some even look good to great after some modding, but its a random open can of mixed worms that will not look remotely like an aust once fixed unless modded and thats some work. And i heartily dont recommend the heavy titan-esq wood/metal scales. so overdone in every way imho, heavy, large, less than great balance.

the best scales on those are that w59 rebrand, but i was less than enthused with the faux smile spine and weak edge profile.

I know of one gentleman that really likes them and even went ahead and bought seven of them and had a custom seven day set box made for them. That being said, he only owns these and some other Chinese razors.
I believe he’s finally ventured into vintage territory from what i’ve seen.

but i also have multi day 66 sets with a custom
made hard paper cigar box 😂 among other carp in my kit.

Well, their website looks like a joke, the stopping video evokes copious amounts of cringe and most of their other photos are tough to look at. Now, as for the razor and the materials, they seem overpriced for what they are. There is no mention on Amazon or their website as to where it is made so my assumption is that it’s made in China. Which is not a horrible thing, considering several Chinese razors(ZY & gold dollar) can become decent shavers for sure. The styling is very similar to the gold dollar razors and the scales look pretty cheap. Overpriced in my opinion and there are better options if you want a new razor.
For the money, a solid vintage razor can be had for the same or less money in new old stock condition or nearly new condition, but with much higher quality. In the end, you do what makes you happy!

The advertising throws me off, as do the videos and other advice on their website.

What is this guy doing???
View attachment 60981
I'm going to stick with the tried and true razors. They get that Old for a reason. Thank you. Frank

DEman, i’m not too far from you, so if you need some honing assistance for something that isnt a chinese rebrand (or Pakistani or sweeney todd rso), let me know.

not that i have anything against chinese gds (or titans), i have fixed and honed up dozens of gds and they shave great, some even look good to great after some modding, but its a random open can of mixed worms that will not look remotely like an aust once fixed unless modded and thats some work. And i heartily dont recommend the heavy titan-esq wood/metal scales. so overdone in every way imho, heavy, large, less than great balance.

the best scales on those are that w59 rebrand, but i was less than enthused with the faux smile spine and weak edge profile.
Thank's Jon will keep you in mind. Frank.

Back