The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Mystery Soap Sample Review Round 1

uacowboy

"The Minuteman"
Concierge Emeritus
Hobbyist
Ok folks i am going to start the signup for the Mystery Soap Sample Review Challenge that i mentioned in this Thread.

The idea is we will have a group of 6 members that will each select a soap(or cream) and send samples of that soap to each of the other 5 members for them to use on video where they will give their thoughts on the soap as well as attempt to guess the scent notes(or even the name of the soap) and the maker of the soap. This round we will keep things pretty simple and not worry about trying to determine any kind of scoring system for guesses. Just do your best and see how close you can get!

The rules:
1. Samples should be at least the same size as the samples in the soap sample pass-around. bigger is acceptable but not required. Hard soaps may be grated to make is easier to send the sample but no other alterations should be made that could affect the properties of the soap. There should be no indication of the maker or scent included with the sample.
2. Samples should be made as clean and hygienic as possible, you guys know how to handle that.
3. for each sample a video should be made that includes the first opening of the sample and it's use. No sneaking sniffs when it arrives, we want your first impressions and gut reactions.
4. samples should be marked with the number that you signed up as, this will be the order the videos will be made in.
5. for the sample you are sending, make a short reveal video that will be posted after the others have posted their guess videos.
6. I'm thinking we try and do this as 1 video a week so as to allow for participants schedules.
7. a group PM will be set up to exchange mailing addresses and to let the group know if you have any known skin sensitivities that should be taken into account when samples are selected.
8. Videos should be kept private until an agreed upon day that they are all posted so we don't influence each other by seeing a video before we get to film our own.

Ok well we can try to figure out anything beyond that as we go so here is the signup.

Who wants to play?
1. uacowboy

I wanna play, but because of reasons, I’m going to need to receive all the samples up front. Is that the intent, for everyone to send them right away?

Who wants to play?
1. uacowboy
2. Spider

I wanna play, but because of reasons, I’m going to need to receive all the samples up front. Is that the intent, for everyone to send them right away?
That was my intention yes. As soon as we have a full group we can get that going. How soon did you need them?

Well, I'm going to have to duck out of this, which I hate to do, but there's no way I'll get samples in time before I leave for my trip. I figured this list would fill right up, but there seems to be little interest. Shave, because it's a really cool idea, and sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully it gets off the ground, and I can join in on the next round. Good luck Kyle!

Who wants to play?
1. uacowboy
2. Fenster

bump

Come on folks! should be fun no matter how good at it you think you'd be!

Fine fine. It will be interesting. I was holding back because going to the post office is just a pain in the rump side. I gotta say nothing with menthol though.

Who wants to play?
1. uacowboy
2. Fenster
3. NurseDave

Back