The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My Personal Blend

Graybeard57

TSC's Steven Wright
Veteran
New
I saved the dregs of every soap I used for I don't know how long and put them in an empty Stirling container. This is the reverse order they were put in. I think I'm dipping into some Mike's Honeysuckle now. You can see the layers in the photo. Great soap, with wonderful aromas.

Fine L'Orange Noir
Local Gent Tobacco Lounge
Local Gent California Barbershop
Fine Santal Absolut
Mike's Honeysuckle
B$M Seville
L&L Cuir et Epices
L&L Bandwagon
Fine American Barbershop
Mike's Lime
CRSW Spiced Amber

That's awesome!

I've been working on my special blend for a couple years now.

It may be the easiest and best lathering soap I've ever used. Thick and creamy every time. ?

It may be the easiest and best lathering soap I've ever used. Thick and creamy every time.
1f60d.png

All the best qualities of...well all of them!
1f60e.png

Dregs? Are you squeezing your brush lather into that container?

Pretty cool idea! Hopefully the pinkish color it has acquired isn’t simply mildew...?

no, I don’t understand. What are dregs? How did you make your soap blend?
I am thinking the dregs are just when it gets low enough that it gets hard to get enough loaded onto the brush.

Don, you are right. I hate wasting perfectly good slivers of soap, but it's frustrating trying to whip up enough to shave, so I just scrape them out, put 'em in the big old green tub, and open the next puck. When it finally got full, I started using it, about a month ago.

Pretty cool idea! Hopefully the pinkish color it has acquired isn’t simply mildew...
1f602.png

Hey, Queen Charlotte was pink! That hue must be the effect of the lighting, as it doesn't look pink in person. Whenever I added a sliver I'd leave the tub uncovered till it hardened, so no mildew.

I like the fact I don't get frustrated at the end of a container, and waste no soap. I'm "frugal".

I actually do something similar. The last tiny bits of samples and tubs or parts of soaps I just don't care for...they all go int a container in hopes that someday I will fill it up to create my own "Franken-Soap."

Back