The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My name is Chris, and I'm a shavoholic...

footballgeek

Shave Newbie
Hello all, I'm a newbie. I began my wetshaving journey this past summer around a family emergency. I had some trouble spots on my noggin, that cartridges couldn't clean very well. In short time it has become an obsession, lol. As I've been getting into wetshaving, I've developed a huge fear of missing out on hardware and software :D.

I live in the Metro Detroit area, about 10 miles away from the Razor Company's storefront. I'm usually there on most Saturdays checking out the soaps and gear... It brings me back to the days of spending hours at the local record store! Thanks for letting me hop in to the Shaving Cadre forum!

Respectfully,
Chris Garin

Welcome to the Cadre Chris.

Gotta say, I'm jealous. Jason is a great guy, and if his storefront is anything like his website, that's gotta be awesome to visit.

Welcome to The Cadre Chris! You're going to fit in here great! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We have a lot of fun here, being a member of The Cadre is more than just talking about Shaving.

I'm jealous that you have a nice Brick & Mortar store like the Razor Company so close. I've only been able to visit a few stores when I travel for work. I'm curious if you've ever made the trek to Maggard Razors to visit their Store? It's not too far away from you, in Adrian, MI. I've been there once, a few years ago. Came home with a ton of stuff, lol.

Welcome Chris! Great name šŸ˜œ

What are some of your favorite bits of shaving hardware and software currently?

Welcome to the Cadre Chris.

Gotta say, I'm jealous. Jason is a great guy, and if his storefront is anything like his website, that's gotta be awesome to visit.
He really is a great guy, he's passionate about the hobby. I've never seen better customer service. The thing that's really cool is you meet so many other wetshaving enthusiasts on any given day.

Welcome to The Cadre Chris! You're going to fit in here great! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We have a lot of fun here, being a member of The Cadre is more than just talking about Shaving.

I'm jealous that you have a nice Brick & Mortar store like the Razor Company so close. I've only been able to visit a few stores when I travel for work. I'm curious if you've ever made the trek to Maggard Razors to visit their Store? It's not too far away from you, in Adrian, MI. I've been there once, a few years ago. Came home with a ton of stuff, lol.
I plan on going to the 2022 meetup as long as it is still on :)

Welcome Chris! Great name šŸ˜œ

What are some of your favorite bits of shaving hardware and software currently?
My daughters just gifted me an Apollo-Light Smart Helix, I just traded(Bronze Timeless) for an Alpha Outlaw Evolution... I use an AL-13 Medium a lot, also a Leaf for my noggin. I don't have any real big ticket brushes but I use a Yaqi 22MM Synthetic Metal Handle defect the most(Just feels most comfortable to hold and lather with) I used to bowl lather(RazoRock Ceramic) at first, but now I only load soft soaps with the bowl. I'm mostly lathering right off the puck. As far as soaps go, I just picked up HoM Fu Dao and Ethos Colonia... So right now those are my favorites, LOL

Hello all, I'm a newbie. I began my wetshaving journey this past summer around a family emergency. I had some trouble spots on my noggin, that cartridges couldn't clean very well. In short time it has become an obsession, lol. As I've been getting into wetshaving, I've developed a huge fear of missing out on hardware and software :D.

I live in the Metro Detroit area, about 10 miles away from the Razor Company's storefront. I'm usually there on most Saturdays checking out the soaps and gear... It brings me back to the days of spending hours at the local record store! Thanks for letting me hop in to the Shaving Cadre forum!

Respectfully,
Chris Garin
Welcome Chris

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back