The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My first Semogue

Z-2

I am really impressed. On 31st December last year I've got my first Semogue Torga C3 boar brush. As I understand knot is similar (or same) like Semogue 620, just different handle.

I wanted from long time brush from this brand, so, I am more than happy :)

20210102-232658.jpg

I also got a Captain's choice ceramic bowl. I never used bowl till now (15 years of face lathering), but I am impressed of it. Unfortunately I get better lather with gels, than soaps. Any thoughts?

20210105-185504.jpg

I too just got my first Semogue over the holidays, an 830. So far it has been a great brush. It loads up well from a puck, and has just the right face feel when lathering.

As for bowls, for me croaps and creams are mostly loaded via a bowl/scuttle, with minimal lather building, and the remainder of the lather work is still done on my face.

Reactions: Z-2
Never had a Semogue...but many swear by them.

You and I have the same CC lather bowl. Tempest I believe. Here is my claim to fame. Scott at Captain's Choice did a competition at another forum and asked members to give him ideas of names. I gave him "Tempest" and he picked mine! Yeah...I am pretty awesome! 🤪

Semogues are great boar brushes, some of the best actually. Boars have a long break in period and definitely get better with age. If you like it now, you'll love it later.

Is that shave gel, in a can, or something different? Can say I recall anyone using a brush with canned gel before.

Semogues are great boar brushes, some of the best actually. Boars have a long break in period and definitely get better with age. If you like it now, you'll love it later.

Is that shave gel, in a can, or something different? Can say I recall anyone using a brush with canned gel before.
Yes, this is a canned gel. I think I get better slickness and lather from gel than cream, I have (Nivea, bulgarian brands, Barbon). I can't talk about soaps, because I have Proraso white and Wilkinson Sword, but they are not very slick as well.

I own a $200 custom badger brush, but I greatly prefer my Semouges. They have great backbone, good splay, and when loaded with soap they are buttery soft.

Back