The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MOVE OVER 21 its 2022!

Cvargo

“They call me Chingo”
Owner
Legacy
Alright here we are 2022 and It's time to post what you are excited about. What are you looking forward to buying?

I know there is a lot of talk about the Tedalus razor and while I am intrigued I just don't know if I can justify that pricepoint. Is it really better than the feather SS? Perhaps i'll borrow one first.

I'm looking forward to anything new from CBL, and also anything from Stirling. I have plans to continue 3017ing soap but I love getting new ones in.

That's just a few things off the top of my head. So what are you looking forward to getting?

Non shaving I am still hoping to get my hands on a bottle of Makers Mark FAE-02, and Stagg Jr. Plus anything else that is released this year obviously.

Nothing is on my Radar, except for new CBL scents. I'm burnt out on trying new soap makers, and blind buying scents. I'm pretty much over FOMO. I'm well stocked up on many things that I love. So, I'm pretty good overall. Don't plan on making many purchases this year.

Is it really better than the feather SS? Perhaps i'll borrow one first.
I think someone should start a Tedalus Passaround!

So what are you looking forward to getting?
A plane ticket to Vegas!!!

As far as shaving stuff, I am fairly content with what I have and I really don't need anything, but I will likely pick up some new CBL stuff, a couple bottles (or 12) of Nivea 2 in 1 if I can ever find a good price on it again. I would like to pick up another Sorrentino Brush later on this year. As much as I like the Tedalus I will probably hold off on that.

Last edited:
The list of things that I'm planning on purchasing is pretty small, as I'm really trying to kill off a some of the existing soaps/aftershaves and most of the available funds are going to go into home improvement. I know that @Dragonsbeard is coming out with some new items that I'm really looking forward to, and if I happen to come across any vintage straights that catch my eye...well, who could blame me for pulling the trigger on one...or five..or more? :p

One of my biggest goals this year is to properly organize the shop to make things more efficient. I have plenty of space to work with, but everything is still more jumbled than I like. Got a few sheets of melamine to make shelving out of, and need to get some pegboard to get me started, but I'm not a naturally organized person so it's a matter of how to categorize and place things in a way that works for me.

?????????????????? You have NO shaving related goals for 2022? Not going to 3017 anything? Or dig out your stash and use everything at least once? Not going to sell, PIF or trash the stuff you don’t love anymore? Grow a beard Or other facial hair?
Oh ,Ok , sure. My goal is to unload as many mostly modern razors I don't use as I can*. Sold a few of the spendy ones in the last couple months. No planned acquisitions I should have said.

*Forgive the poor sentence construction.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Looking forward to picking up some Ethos @Dragonsbeard soaps and Princess Bride @CBLindsay soaps, Restoring a bunch of razors, honing a bunch of razors, Doing several PIF’s, and trading/selling off duplicates in my collection that I’ll never use.

Looking forward to continuing to work through the large amount (for me) of soaps accumulated in 2020, trying to get back to that golden number I've found of 5 or so every day soaps and 3-4 seasonal ones. Also looking forward to exploring the frag world, although the wife is generally keeping me to the one-in-one-out which is fine with me!

Looking forward to killing a few more soaps and potentially using my straights more.

Outside of shaving, I plan on getting a new bike and get my workshop back up.

Back