The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Military Service.

My mom's dad was in the Navy. All I know is he was a Golden Gloves bantamweight and an engineman. My dad's dad was in the Army in WWII and was a First Battalion Ranger. One of Col. Darby's original fifty from what I have been told.
Unfortunately, my plans didn't work out and I had some medical issues with my knees that kept me out. I would like to say a big thank you to every one of you and your families for your service and sacrifices.

Army 11HE9 Heavy Anti Armor Infantryman. Harmony Church Ft. Benning 87
Det. 1 HHC 2/115th 29th Inf. Div.(Light) E-4 Shot TOW missiles. ETS'd '95 I wanted to stay in. But my knees had other plans.

Yeah I would have stayed in longer but I was injured in the gulf..
My mom's dad was in the Navy. All I know is he was a Golden Gloves bantamweight and an engineman. My dad's dad was in the Army in WWII and was a First Battalion Ranger. One of Col. Darby's original fifty from what I have been told.
Unfortunately, my plans didn't work out and I had some medical issues with my knees that kept me out. I would like to say a big thank you to every one of you and your families for your service and sacrifices.

Army 11HE9 Heavy Anti Armor Infantryman. Harmony Church Ft. Benning 87
Det. 1 HHC 2/115th 29th Inf. Div.(Light) E-4 Shot TOW missiles. ETS'd '95 I wanted to stay in. But my knees had other plans.

Yeah I would have stayed in longer but I was injured in the gulf..
I kept trying to get hurt but it never worked out.

1/1 SFG 2bd S-1 then got de federalized to 111th group ONG still in the S1 shop and HQ Co. Retired after a stroke on civilian duty 17 yrs O-4 2003

How’s that for readers digesting?! The Consummate office pogue

1/1 SFG 2bd S-1 then got de federalized to 111th group ONG still in the S1 shop and HQ Co. Retired after a stroke on civilian duty 17 yrs O-4 2003

How’s that for readers digesting?! The Consummate office pogue
Give ‘em hell, CHAIRBORNE!!!

Yep girls really liked it though , having been wounded in combat... So there was that at least.
I felt a need to clarify something here with my post..

The post was made meaning to be funny and nothing more...

I mean being wounded was Not funny or fun !!

When I was asked by Anyone what happened and how I was injured I always gave a very vague explanation. I never once said anything that should Not be known. So I never revealed anything more than what I was allowed to..
Okay. That's all I wanted to say on the matter.
Have a great day to all.....

Last edited:
Chicks do dig scars…
I have / had a really good friend who had a tattoo on his arm of a tiger ripping its way out of his arm from the inside. Well not long after he got it he was in a combat situation and got shot in the tattoo and people used to ask him about it and would also ask why he didn't get it fixed and he very quickly would tell you that with the way it was now it was an ice breaker because people / Women would ask him about the spot and he would explain that he was shot there while in the Marine Corps and he said the ladies ALWAYS loved it !! Honestly I don't think I ever remember him leaving a bar in our younger days without a young lady by his side....

Back