The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Military, Government, First Responder, and Student Discounts

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Hey folks - I‘m sure some folks take advantage of these benefits - but if you don’t know, there are several companies that have relationships with the government that you can get a great set of discounts in a plethora of places or have many items (clothing, housewares, hardware, etc) at discounted prices. Some of the places I take advantage is:

This place has relationships with many, many companies - all it requires is either uploading a copy of a DD-214 or a government ID (if you work for any federal agency). Also health care workers qualify. I’ve used this for clothes, hardware, and even mlb and nhl.com - for their streaming services. Just today I bought new sandals for me and Aidan at Keen - using ID.me getting a 30% discount. Website is easy to use - just log in and then do a search for a store or an item. Or when you are at a website at checkout - look for the green verifyme ID.me button.

Similar to ID.me for sign up - just need a gov ID or a DD-214. First responders and police qualify as well. You just use the site for looking for items - a lot are geared towards military like gear - but I have used them for boots, flashlights, sneakers, etc. Worth checking out.

VerifyPass
We have several artisans that use this to give 10% discounts - The cool thing about this one is it isn’t just geared to military - but also healthcare workers and first responders, teachers, And students.

This is an amalgamation of the first two and verifypass - basically military, healthcare, and first responders sign up DD-214 or proof of employment, ID……and then from the site there are many companies that offer discounts. It is focused a lot on the outdoor and active lifestyles - so you can find everything from hiking boots, sneakers, ski gear, camping gear, survival gear. Some companies require a quick “test” of questions to answer that you take to get bigger discounts as well.

For those of you that have kids in high school and college - they can sign up with either a school email address or proof of attendance (report card and the like) - and they can get discounts on all types of stuff including electronics, clothing, school supplies…etc.

Last edited:
Back