The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Middle Tennessee

Bob MCk

Shave Member
Greetings and salutations from middle Tennessee! Please excuse and tolerate my warped sense of humor. I got back into wet shaving last year and have yet to find the bottom of the rabbit hole---although there are many side passages!!
Anyway, I hope I can be accepted for what I am!

As an example, one of my SOTD posts.

Fear not good citizens of Gotham, for I 'Batman' patrol the streets and alleys this fine evening! I began a lather with The Battle, my Bat-sense had me on edge already, I reached for the VB Black Forest Pre-shave oil, applied and paused.....it was cloudy, could that have been a gunshot or just a clap of thunder? As I applied a hot towel to my face, I decided that I shall remain millionaire Bruce Wayne for the time being. After the first two passes with the Hoffritz cut-throat, I was interrupted by my butler Alfred. "Pardon me sir, the Commissioner is on the phone....." Down went my Hoffritz and I grabbed my Bat-razor (West Coast Shaving Midnight 47B with Astra Superior Platinum Blade) for the third and final pass. My hands slick from the soap, I rinsed my hands and rubbed my Alum stone to get some traction. With the third pass complete, a quick rinse accompanied by a second hot towel. Cold water splash and alum stone rub, another cold water rinse and then a double splash of The Battle Aftershave. Forest Frost Balm to finish. Now, to the Bat-cave! Under the blanket of protection that I provide for you.......... Sleep well, good citizens.
Batshave.jpg

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Hoffritz Finest
Brush: Omega Model 10048 THE PRO 48
Pre-Shave: Vikings Blade Black Forest Pre Shave Oil
Lather: Phoenix, The Battle CK-6
Aftershave: Phoenix, The Battle Aftershave
Additional Care:
Hot towel
Cold Face Cloth
Vikings Blade Forest Frost Balm
Osma bloc Alum Stone

SOTD 01/12/2023

Hi Bob-

Welcome to our Cadre! We are super stoked you found us and we’re sure that your sense of humor will be most welcome! Glad also to have a member of the DC Universe join us Batman!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Again Welcome to our group and we hope you have a superb time with us!

Welcome Bob. My daughter moved to middle Tennessee about a year and a half ago. So I'll be hitting you up for info on shave shops in that area. As Brian said above, reach out to any of the concierges if you need any help navigating the site. We're here to help. Have fun and go start a shave journal.

Back