The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Merkur 38 c

John Paul

Shave Member
Does anyone own,or have used this razor before? I’d to get someone’s opinion before spending the $60
I’m 6ft 3,and have big hands.
Sometimes the 34c is hard for me to hold onto.. I bought a Dovo Primo, and am having the same problem..it’s small,and has a slippery handle. The 38c looks like a good option, heavyweight and good knurling. Barber Dave has a good tutorial on de shaving, and stressed “no pressure “ and lightly hold onto the razor..with the siZe of the 38c,that should be easier

Anyway, if anyone has an opinion,I’d like to hear..Merkur is a great product. I’m still using the 34 c I bought from Charles Robert’s,at enchante in Austin,Tx,20 years ago .

Merkurs are good razors. I think the only thing the 38 is going to add is length. The knurling likely won’t be much different than the 34.

Good trick some do is rub your finger tips on alum before picking up the razor. Adds a little grip.

This was my first modern DE when I began my insane hobby.

It was a bit too heavy and long, especially for a newbie with average size hands. Might be better for bigger paws.

Merkur makes good razors for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back