The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Mail Call

I got a big package in the mail today. I won't say who it's from but someone on another forum had a bunch of stuff and wanted to send it to me. A thank you for doing my part as a mentor and the extra stuff I do to help the forum. I just took one pick but in short...
17 or 18 Schick and Gillette razors. A couple of very odd Gillette you don't hear much about.
7 different styles of vintage injector blades
7 straights
a silver-plated shave mug
a couple of old soaps
Few brush holders
about 50+ vintage brushes

Anyway, I will have to go through all this and sort and make room for more brushes on the wall.

-8647555690090400479.jpg

I did put a battery in it and it works. I wont be shaving with it as its too scary. Its a standard old style open comb head and it vibrates. To guess id say its movement is about 1/32". It looks as if its never been used. I will be keeping it in my collection.

The big blue container with a rechargable razor is next to see about. It must be about the same. Time will tell.

OK, You Talked me into it. I will give it a try. I've always said I shave with every razor in my collection so I guess I have to.

I was going to plug in the rechargeable razor but I know the batteries in the razor can't possibly be any good after 50 years. But I bet you could replace them. Better safe than sorry. It's in excellent shape. Guess I will put it up for sale. A serious Gillette collector should have one.

Back