The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lucky me!

FarmerTan

Sr. Shave Member
IMG_20200122_125225119~2.jpg
So: I received the above stuff today.

I was graciously given 30 Rockwell blades and ten Sharks from @ED3054 and @The Monkey sent me some Lemongrass soap.

The Razor is kinda Frankenrazored up. It's the head of a Razorock German 37 Slant (assuming I got all those names in the correct order) and the handle is from a cheap Tech clone like thingy from China or India. The handle that came with it originally was stainless steel and always wanted to cross thread, so I put it on another head.

Anyway, Soap First:

Stuff smells AWESOME! That may not be saying much, as I love Arko, but I really love anything resembling citrus, as it just smells clean to me.
The performance was honestly as good as anything I've ever used, and no: contrary to what you may have heard, I have used lots of soaps; not just Arko!

The Blades: I really had no idea what to expect, as I've heard both good and bad.

Lucky for me, it was good! I decided to go with the Slant, as I've used blades I thought were dead, as in used 40+ shaves, that I swapped into that Slant that magically turned into a new blade.

It felt on the first pass the tiniest bit "tuggy" for lack of a better word. This feeling got better on subsequent passes. I should also point out I ain't been feeling particularly great, and I looked it, with a three-day-skid-row-bum-look to me.

When I finished up, I had a BBS without really trying. Just now touched my face, here it is 7 hours later, and I won't look bad tomorrow morning. Or any worse than I normally do in the morning! lol. I can just BARELY feel some stubble on my chin.

I finished off with a cold rinse or three and some Brut aftershave. Ahhh!

Thanks again you two Gents for your kindness. When the highlight of your day is a toss up between shaving and giving praise to the Lord for being able to walk out to the mailbox to see what shaving goodies might be waiting for me...... well, let's just say that I REALLY appreciate you and all the other good folks on here.
Sincerely, Dave (the OTHER other one)

I should add that The Monkey told me it was a "thirsty" soap. It is. Here's what I did.

Warning! This may be blasphemy for some of you!

I took the soap and rubbed it on my 3 day growth. I was VERY generous with it, as it didn't cost ME anything, lol.

Then I wet my Semogue boar and went to town. As is my usual practice, it needed more water, so twice I had to cup my left hand under the faucet and dip the brush.

During the second lather I dipped the brush once. On my third pass I didn't need to.

9 hours later my face is still just as good lookin' as it was 9 hours earlier, with what feels like the results of a DFS. Superb.

Lol...blooming the puck and a heavy load with a slightly wet brush probably would have done you just as good! But good on ya for effort! 😂

This soap and those blades are on my list for after Arko August.

Really a nice performing soap, and I really enjoyed that blade.

I should add that The Monkey told me it was a "thirsty" soap. It is. Here's what I did.

Warning! This may be blasphemy for some of you!

I took the soap and rubbed it on my 3 day growth. I was VERY generous with it, as it didn't cost ME anything, lol.

Then I wet my Semogue boar and went to town. As is my usual practice, it needed more water, so twice I had to cup my left hand under the faucet and dip the brush.

During the second lather I dipped the brush once. On my third pass I didn't need to.

9 hours later my face is still just as good lookin' as it was 9 hours earlier, with what feels like the results of a DFS. Superb.
Another soap rubber person!!! How undignified! o_O

;)

Haha, another member with Angel soft hair like KJ. I propose that shave off to see who can get the longest most uses out of a blade between you and @Spider 😜
I got three months out of a German Wilkinson Sword once, in an OLD type Gillette. Never flipped or cleaned or dried anything, didn't even loosen the head, never do!

I got three months out of a German Wilkinson Sword once, in an OLD type Gillette. Never flipped or cleaned or dried anything, didn't even loosen the head, never do!
That's how @Spider does his. No removing or flipping. Let's get a contest going but should be for regular shavers not sporadic 👍

Back