The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Low profile DE's....

Aomalley27

Shave Newbie
Looking for a low profile DE for shaving just the slightest bit underneath my nose (I have a full beard and mustache). Don't really want to go the route of a SE or injector, as it just means more blade purchases, and I already have plenty of DE blades. My favorite/go-to razor is a Merkur 47C, it's served me well for over a dozen years. (And I bought two more as backup). But the mercer doesn't quite cut it when it comes to getting a close shave in that extremely small area.....probably 1/16" at most. Any suggestions would be appreciated. **I also have a few open combs, but they really don't do the job either (some vintage Gillette's, a Parker variant, etc)

I really like the Razorock Lupo for its ultra low profile and great shave. I use the 72, but people seem to like all the different gaps that they offer.

I don't think you're going to get much lower profile than a Gillette Old Type and after that a Gillette Tech. If you are opposed to vintage then the Feather AS-D2 is similar to the Tech. Another cheap modern, but maybe hard to find, is the Yuma. I love mine.

Back