The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lodrino - A Spanish Artisan Soapmaker

EMG06

"TSC's Bingo Admiral"
Once in a while you are lucky enough to be reminded that the Wet Shaving Community is worldwide and in general made up of pretty great people.
I was lucky enough to win a new tub of Barrister and Mann Vespers from @bobmsp in his generous Hanukkah PIF.
Shortly after winning Bob’s generous PIF, I was contacted by @MK2 who was interested in the Vespers soap. My wife and I agreed that we weren’t that into the scent so I agreed to ship the soap to @MK2 . He is based in Spain, and we hit on the idea of a soap swap between the two countries.
I sent over the B&M Vespers with a few other American artisan soaps. In return I was sent a tub of Lodrino Sandalwood, a local Spanish artisan soap made by an Italian ex-pat. The soap took about 6 weeks to arrive. It came in nice packaging with a cool stamped wax seal:
3305CE8F-7EFB-4150-8740-3ACA55C3FDCC.jpeg
The soap is a tallow based and scented with “100% Sandalwood essential oil”. I find it to be on the earthier side of sandalwood, and I like the scent.
D9E230F4-AF13-4F19-84E0-FE5024EBBC8D.jpeg
The soap is on the softer side. I scooped an almond sized amount of soap with my finger and pressed it into my shaving bowl. It fairly quickly turned into a nice lather with good density and slickness.
9B30EEF2-ADE9-47C5-A122-76430958CFC9.jpeg
Had a very nice easy shave using this soap.
6523347A-4501-43F9-9205-4A71FBFEFD7C.jpeg
The post feel was moisturizing and left my skin feeling good. It’s been about 4 hours and the scent is still pleasingly noticeable on my skin. Based on my limited experience with this soap, I think the shavers over in Spain 🇪🇸 are lucky to have an artisan like Lodrino on their side of the Atlantic. I’m now hoping to be able to try his other scent, La Riviera - a fougère, at some point in the future.
Thanks @MK2 for sharing this great soap!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us about this soap.

I always enjoy reading about soaps that I'm unfamiliar with.

When you get their Fougere soap. Let us know what you think of it as well. Fougere has always been one of my favorite scents.

Thanks for your words @EMG06

I'm glad that you enjoyed that shave with the Sandalwood in tallow base from Lodrino. Certainly, we are lucky to have him here, but you are also lucky will all the great soap makers artisans in that side of the atlantic, such as @CBLindsay . I used the Dragon's blood that you sent me and really had an amazing shave too.

This Lodrino was recently posted in another neighborhood. I agree with the OP that it is probably the best name I've heard of for a soap, lol.

Pasteur's sells it but it's expensive stuff here in the States.

a4658f6e35b1a0deabfbf12706d13ffc.jpg

Back