The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Live Shave-1st use w/ Carbon Cx (Tundra Artica)

Well here I went to watch and see it's going to be live. Pretty cool, but I have a meeting then.

Nice live vid. You have quite a different perspective you’re coming from than myself, with your have been able to experience some very high end items, but I do identify with the concept of enjoyment kind of trumping any worry over pricing (relative to one’s purchasing ability of course) or other quibble.

Funny you mentioning the lather today being thin, it looked fairly thick to me, though maybe not super voluminous. :ROFLMAO:

@GearNoir don't you get any ideas. You do a live video with chat I'm sure would extend to over an hour! Back to the video...

@GearNoir don't you get any ideas. You do a live video with chat I'm sure would extend to over an hour! Back to the video...
Lol! I was going to say something during the chat, how the TSC guys at least would be used to “long” videos, but I decided not to look like a troll :LOL:

I just looked into the live thing real quick and YT said I needed 1000 followers before I could do it.

I just looked into the live thing real quick and YT said I needed 1000 followers before I could do it.
From your phone. You should be able to do it from your computer. I think there are programs you can use to get around that though.

I feel a touch vindicated with Kai blades being a little bit carnivorous. That has been my experience. Wrapping my head around a 500 Brush is difficult for me. I’m a simple man.

Well I dunno @zaclikestoshave it seems like that ultra steep angle could easily play a role in those weepers. And all the skin stretching makes it even more aggressive. But hey, you do you.

Also Zach,@zaclikestoshave there seem to be some latency issues and lagging from the live recording to the recorded version here. that has been reported . Can you please check this, maybe republish and re submit this video?

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your comments and checking out the video. First of all to @BarberDave, I noticed that as well on the replay and this is a downfall of a live recording. I checked my backend of the video and maybe I am missing something. How do I republish, is that mean I download it and then reupload that file? I wasn't seeing anything but would be happy to give it a try.

@Dave in KY Thanks for joining in on my video, it was great to see someone familiar from the forums. I appreciate your interaction and live comments. Normally I don't get that really unless David is on.

@GearNoir Thanks for comments as well. In regards to high end, in the past, I had bought a wide range of products and found that sometimes more expensive gear is "nicer" but doesn't always equate to being "most suitable". I prefer to use what works best and sometimes for what I use, that means using something that may not be the cheapest available, but normally it isn't the most expensive either. You mentioned my lather, as yes, it was and is actually thick. But compared to the other SV soaps, this is quite a bit different. I wasn't having the best protection during these last two shaves and maybe I over hydrated it. Honestly, it was a challenging shave trying to give the best angle for everyone to see but I was moving all over the place so I could see too. Haha
Don't be surprised if my next shave and the lather look even thicker but I do always shoot for making it a tad runny.

@Spider Thanks for hopping on the video as well. Much appreciated to see someone I know from here at the Cadre.

@NurseDave I tend to prefer efficiency and so I will have to say you are probably right. I rarely get a nick free shave but actually lately, I get them more often but I expect to get nicks. I don't have perfect skin and my acne still acts up. The thing I've found is two passes is about what my skin can handle so the last few years I have tried to find the best balance of very efficient beard removal and limit the skin getting torn up on the following pass.

@Majorrich I enjoyed the Kai. I doubt it will be my number one blade in the Carbon but we will see how close the other blades work. Red Pack Personna are another blade I am guessing will perform like a Kai, maybe not on the same sharpness level though. Here is the brush I was mentioning, it only got used in a shave by me 2 or 3 times. I was always afraid of messing up and possibly dropping it. It would be a sin due to it's iconic status and rarity.
pnJkUIS.jpg

Zac
Yes just download the video to your computer play and see of there are any issues and the. Re load into you tube and re submit and you should be good

@Spider Thanks for hopping on the video as well. Much appreciated to see someone I know from here at the Cadre.
Thanks. That was my first time seeing a live YT video, didn’t know it was a thing really. I started watching it in the thread, and then I heard you talking to Dave, but I couldn’t figure out how to comment. Then I opened it in YT and finally saw the comments.

@BarberDave I reuploaded the video and the lag still exists unfortunately. I am going to do another live shave this weekend but in June, I am going to try doing recorded videos and give some editing a shot. I would very much like to get away from the full sotd videos, not because I don't like them but I talk too much and would like to believe people would enjoy more structure and maybe an 8min video.

Anyways, thanks again you guys and I hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend. Cheers

I know this video is long but I truly appreciate the positive interactions. I will do a written post on the Carbon for the forum as I tried searching last week and didn't see a thread on the safety razor section. Thanks again for all the interaction Shaving Cadre. Really happy to be here with you guys. Cheers

Back