The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lisa's natural Herbal Creations Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar and Ayurveda Herbal Hair Conditioner

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So...who has used them and how do you like them?

Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations @LNHC makes a quality shave product. What some may not know is that Lisa makes a quality hair product also! I use both of these products. I started with a sample of the Shampoo bar that lasted me about a month. I am currently using a full shampoo bar and have been using it for a bout a month also and there is little evidence that it is dissipating. I do use a mesh bag to extend the life a bit.

As far as performance...this stuff is great! It leaves my hair feeling very clean and not dried out in any way. I pretty much use this shampoo bar most days, and still...it doesn't dry my hair out. It also doesn't leave a waxy coating in my hair like a lot of commercial products. There is little to no scent in the Shampoo bar, so it shouldn't interfere with other grooming products!

The Conditioner is incredible! The best conditioner I have ever tried. A little goes a long way and it has a very pleasant scent to it! It leaves my hair very soft and manageable. Like the shampoo bar...it doesn't dry my hair out and doesn't leave any kind of waxy or oily coating in my hair. This will definitely be the last brand of conditioner I ever buy.

Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar with Brahmi Bhringraj Hibiscus Shikakai Amla Reetha & Neem

Lisa's Aduvardic Shampoo Bar is a great product and (a long with the post shave balm) is one of her best products IMO. The shampoo bar is loaded with interesting ingredients and as you noticed it lasts much longer than most. The fact that she does samples makes it much easier for people rather than committing to a full bar, to test the waters to speak.

With all that being said, I did find that i still had trouble with dry scalp in the colder months, so it was dethroned by Siliski Soaps Body Bar (which was sadly discontinued). Both of these products worked better than prescription Shampoo so that's really saying a lot. Will be in the market for another Shampoo Bar soon and will have some serious thinking to do as Mystic Water is on the radar as well.

Glad to hear it has worked out well for you Don! Once you try a Shampoo Bar it's hard to go back to liquid, same goes for Bar Soap.

Lisa's Aduvardic Shampoo Bar is a great product and (a long with the post shave balm) is one of her best products IMO. The shampoo bar is loaded with interesting ingredients and as you noticed it lasts much longer than most. The fact that she does samples makes it much easier for people rather than committing to a full bar, to test the waters to speak.

With all that being said, I did find that i still had trouble with dry scalp in the colder months, so it was dethroned by Siliski Soaps Body Bar (which was sadly discontinued). Both of these products worked better than prescription Shampoo so that's really saying a lot. Will be in the market for another Shampoo Bar soon and will have some serious thinking to do as Mystic Water is on the radar as well.

Glad to hear it has worked out well for you Don! Once you try a Shampoo Bar it's hard to go back to liquid, same goes for Bar Soap.
Yeah...I won't be going back to store bought shampoo or conditioner anytime soon! Especially since I have been looking into the harmful ingredients in a lot of the store bought stuff. True story slightly off topic...there is a girl I work with who has developed tumors around certain feminine portions of her body. They are not malignant but painful and affecting her health adversely nonetheless. Extensive testing was done to determine how these came about. The culprit...hair straightener. Not even kidding. I couldn't believe it when she told me, so I started looking it up. Evidently there have been numerous studies conducted that concluded certain hair chemicals may cause a host of cancers. Super Crazy!

Sorry to hear that LNHC Shampoo Bar is still drying during the winter. Have you tried her conditioner for this? As much as I like her shampoo bar...I really think her conditioner is where it is at!

Her shame bars are worth keeping an eye open for BUT to be honest here bar soap is pretty universal, you will be happy to have it. I find her soap makes my scalp happier than most other soap options but artisan soap in general are vastly better for my head than commercial stuff. My body soap selection is less important, I can use lava soap and be happy...but I don’t.

Her shame bars are worth keeping an eye open for BUT to be honest here bar soap is pretty universal, you will be happy to have it. I find her soap makes my scalp happier than most other soap options but artisan soap in general are vastly better for my head than commercial stuff. My body soap selection is less important, I can use lava soap and be happy...but I don’t.
Thanks @CBLindsay I will keep that in mind . I did pick up some cognac&cc soap are you saying it will sub in a pinch....

Thanks @CBLindsay I will keep that in mind . I did pick up some cognac&cc soap are you saying it will sub in a pinch....
Absolutely. The Ayurvedic shampoo bars are made for the job but her regular soap bars are mild enough they do the job. I never used her conditioner (don’t use it anyway) but if Don likes it I imagine it’s good stuff.

👍 good to know....exchange rate kills us up here so fill the cart and take the hit lol. could be awhile until the next go around

Absolutely. The Ayurvedic shampoo bars are made for the job but her regular soap bars are mild enough they do the job. I never used her conditioner (don’t use it anyway) but if Don likes it I imagine it’s good stuff.
Yeah, I really like her conditioner. It's a smaller bottle, but I only use conditioner about once a week. I am hooked on it though. I have a sample of the coconut milk version of her shampoo, but I haven't tried it yet because my Ayurvedic shampoo bar just won't die! But my sis-in-law (who is a little crunchy granola and is really particular about her hair products) swears by the coconut milk shampoo and says she doesn't need a conditioner with it.

My wife...since being pregnant...has been making sure her soaps are on the natural side of things and really likes @LNHC soaps a lot. Actually (and I hope I don't sound like a shill) but my wife has been using the Mega Rich Body Butter as a belly butter and as a cream for her feet when I do the foot and ankle massage for her since her feet are constantly swollen...and she REALLY loves that stuff. She also uses the Emu Hemp Lotion for elbows, knees and other dry areas and likes that a lot also. The only issue I find with the Emu Hemp Lotion is that it has a very "green" scent to it. I don't find it offensive, but others might not like it. What I really like about the creams and lotions (and sorry if it is a bit off topic) is that Lisa will work with you on the scents. If there is something you are not sure of...send an email and Lisa will let you know what she thinks might be best for you.

Back