The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - One (Artisan Shaving Soap - Premium Edition with Sheep's Milk)

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I am high on this soap. From fragrance to performance to how it feels at the end of the day. No doubt about it...this is good stuff. So good in fact that I would put this version of Lisa's @LNHC in my top three of best soaps I have tried. When you get to the top three it is really hard to order them from one to three...but this one is making a run for the top spot. I have shaved with this soap several times and wanted to make sure that all my thoughts on the subject were in one place for an extensive review!

April 15, 2020

Just a quick high and bye as I have to grab dinner before the Social Distancing Meet-Up starts! Saved this shave for this evening as the soap was delivered just this afternoon! The scent on this soap is described by Lisa as, "One is a designer duplicate of Dulce & Gabbana's The One for men. Fragrance notes, Top notes of bergamot, coriander and basil, middle notes of cardamom, ginger and neroli, base notes of cedar ambergris and tobacco." It's definitely a keeper! I'll keep most of my comments to myself on performance before I use it another time or two. But first impressions are very positive...and I wouldn't expect anything different from @LNHC . Great shave. I started out with the OCMM and probably got a little more skin than I wanted. So I finished off with the Progress...super smooth!

1586990095326.png

May 2, 2020

I meant to have this shave yesterday but got busy with work and work around the house! But this morning, before the wife gets up and the dogs stir (okay...the dogs already stirred...that's what got me up in the first place...the Danger Hounds were hungry) I showered and set some time aside for a nice relaxing shave. The shave theme of the month is "Flowers, Forest, and Fruit" or Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations. So I went with the LNHC. This is only my second time I have used this soap. Scented after the very famous Dolce & Gabbana "The One," this soap is a really nice scent indeed! I think I actually under-loaded the soap this morning, but still ended up with a nice slick protective lather. Three passes with the Progress and the Feather blade and I am almost as smooth as the behind of a baby's butt.

1588424609623.png

May 16, 2020

I have wanted to shave with Lisa's new formula several times before I did a lengthy review. After four shaves with her Formula 8.1 with Sheep's Milk...and really dialing this soap in, I can honestly say this is one of the best soaps I have used. I have used LNHC soaps for three or four iterations now. I honestly didn't know if her last version could be topped because it was so good...but here we are...I think Lisa did it. This soap performs as it should in all aspects from the beginning when you load the soap on the brush to the luxurious lather that is easy to build. This soap is really slick and if you just push the lathering with a little more water than you think you should...you just might be rewarded with the slickest soap you have tried. And with that slickness comes an incredible layer of lather for your face when shaving. And because of that initial slickness, the residual slickness sticks around. I was able to do another pass on residual slickness alone. But where this version of LNHC soap shines is the post shave feel. This is the absolute best moisturizing soap I have tried. It leaves my face feeling refreshed all day long. I am still amazed at how nourished my face feels after I get home from work. This stuff is just amazing. The scent of this particular soap (The One) I am learning is a favorite among my friends, coworkers, my wife (this is most important), and others. It's light enough that it doesn't interfere with what I want to put on afterward...but pronounced enough that you can catch whiffs of it if you don't use an aftershave at all. I would highly recommend this soap to all manner of shavers.

1589661523849.png

I really wanted to get this soap as I love D&G The One. This was a limited Edition soap, and was sold out by the time I learned about it. I really hope it returns.

Back