The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Lisa's Natural Green Irish Tweed

Graybeard57

TSC's Steven Wright
Veteran
fullsizeoutput_51d.jpeg

I'll try to be objective, but I'm not making any promises, because I love this stuff. This is the first LNHC soap I've used and I was simply blown away. Upon opening the tub I was greeted with the strong smell of GIT, and a light smell of clay. It lathers easily and quickly with a moderate amount of water, producing a thick, creamy lather that holds together like none other I've used. As advertised, there were no large bubbles to deal with. Don't know how she does it, but there you go. This soap is so good, your face practically shaves itself! Cushion and glide are astoundingly excellent, post shave moisturizing is topnotch, and the WSP Gaelic Tweed I've used with this soap really just allows the scent to last longer. I could forgo the AS altogether, but I love this aroma and want to enjoy it for a few hours.

I first used this soap Thursday morning, and before I'd gone to bed I ordered a tub of Lisa's Ouzoud flavor. Used this soap again Friday, and had ordered a tub of her Gentleman's Lavender before lunch. Used it again this morning, and I finally exercised some restraint, in spite of the 15% off sale going on till month's end. LNHC has a new fan. o_O
fullsizeoutput_51e.jpeg

There are 3 soap artisans in my den that depending on what day it is I would tell you they are the best on the face of earth. @LNHC, @CBLindsay of CBL soap, and DG Icarus base. I can’t pick between LNHC and CBL are both stellar consistently for me both during and post shave. Mystic Waters is great post shave but doesn’t catch the other two during the shave

I haven't used this particular scent but man...her new formula is super awesome. @LNHC soap might the best out there in the post shave feel and moisturizing department.
Agreed, and don't forget cushion. I had an area of irritation on my upper lip, but it healed after the first use of this soap. I am not kidding; I was considering taking a day off shaving this weekend so it could heal, but on my first use this past Thursday, there was zero irritation during the shave though it was tender before, and it's been fine ever since. Truth.

I haven't tried Lisa's (@LNHC ) soaps yet but this Christmas she helped me with a custom order of body lotion for the Mrs. and my wife can't say enough good things about it. Lisa also helped me with a gift for the Christmas exchange and she went over and above in wrapping it and everything. If her soaps are as nice as she is I'm missing out.
15% off...I may have to order some soap.

Last edited:
Now that I know I don't have an issue with Lanolin, this is on my list for my next acquisition phase!

You guys haven't steered me wrong yet, every soap I picked up on my trip home based on your advice was outstanding.

After reading this, I ordered some GIT. As the OP claims...great stuff!!

Added small droplets of water as I loaded. Not as finicky as MW, whipped up without much effort into a shiny, cushiony lather

Same stellar post shave feel as MW..no AS required.

VERY nice stuff!

After reading this, I ordered some GIT. As the OP claims...great stuff!!

Added small droplets of water as I loaded. Not as finicky as MW, whipped up without much effort into a shiny, cushiony lather

Same stellar post shave feel as MW..no AS required.

VERY nice stuff!

Isn't it great? Glad you tried it.

Back