The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Let Fate Happen!

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
So I love to munch on Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds, Mixed Nuts, etc it doesn't matter I always ENJOY them. I was at the grocery store last week and I saw this new brand of peanuts with different flavors (awesome by the way but not this thread) Today while in my office I opened up this bag

Yes I know technically not the best for me or my diet, but it is one thing I just enjoy and it's better than munching on a bag of M&Ms like I used to.

Now I usually always laugh at the "may contain nuts" But this one was different:

I'll tell ya what this bag better contain more than a trace amount of peanuts!

I'm assuming the trace amounts of other things is the reason it's on there. It is humorous but it's a shame we live in such a litigious society that makes this necessary.

I'm more concerned with all the other things other than peanuts...in those peanuts.

I'm more concerned with all the other things other than peanuts...in those peanuts.

Hey man I already admitted this isn't the perfect snack. And that size bag will last me about 2.5 weeks. Sometimes I just need a small crunch. And it's better than M&Ms LOL!

Hey man I already admitted this isn't the perfect snack. And that size bag will last me about 2.5 weeks. Sometimes I just need a small crunch. And it's better than M&Ms LOL!

Definitely agree! I think peanuts are okay as long as one doesn't go overboard. A lot of good protein and fat in them. I grab a handful from time to time. Because let's face it, almonds taste like wood unless there's chocolate on them. The only thing I find that satisfies my peanut urges are cashews and macadamia nuts. I'm not sure cashews are any better than peanuts. Now macadamia nuts...those are some good things there. Super filling! But man, they are expensive!

Definitely agree! I think peanuts are okay as long as one doesn't go overboard. A lot of good protein and fat in them. I grab a handful from time to time. Because let's face it, almonds taste like wood unless there's chocolate on them. The only thing I find that satisfies my peanut urges are cashews and macadamia nuts. I'm not sure cashews are any better than peanuts. Now macadamia nuts...those are some good things there. Super filling! But man, they are expensive!

Oh I love cashews. But I tend to recall my doctor saying they are high in natural sugars. I could be wrong though.

Yup, Cashews are pretty high in sugars ...but they are YUMMY. I think Almonds are up there too (for a tree nut). You should call the number on the bag and tell them you think this bag got stuck on the line because it was FULL of peanuts.

Cashews and peanuts aren’t even really nuts, are they?

My my mix of choice is macadamia, Brazil, pecan, and walnut. And sometimes pine nuts thrown in.

Macadamia nuts are great. Brazil and pecan...mmm. Walnuts are tasty too. Pine nuts upset my stomach like I am allergic to them

Back